Definitive Audiophile pressings

I could be wrong but wasn't this repress kinda a disaster? I thought this was the one that had a lot of pressing issues?

I’m saying the original AP supposedly (and the runouts seem to confirm) uses the metal from 1983. So, if this is a reissue of that AP, I’m letting folks know this reissue might also be pressed from that metalwork.

This is the Discogs for the AP that is being reissued. See the description and comments. https://www.discogs.com/release/15175594-Ahmad-Jamal-Trio-Ahmad-Jamal-At-The-Pershing
Thanks for the reminder about this. Grabbed a NM of this one for $15 shipped on eBay

I could be wrong but wasn't this repress kinda a disaster? I thought this was the one that had a lot of pressing issues?
I wouldn't say a disaster.

4 of the records (out of 22) I received had some minor pressing defects. I didn't have any warps, no-fill, or scratches. Nothing serious. It was some light surface noise. If it was any other purchase, I probably wouldn't have minded, but I was being overly picky given the price tag. I wanted perfectly quiet LPs. AP took care of the issues, and I gave away the slightly flawed copies.

Listening to Truckin' comparisons today.
Just my opinion but the KG American Beauty smokes the Mofi.
Mofi sounds like a bunch of bloated bass.
KG's has really good separation of instruments and detail. All music still with a nice soundstage on a 33 format.
I need to back to back them but I do think this one may be a bit system dependent. The MoFi doesn’t have bloated bass on my system but have heard a similar comment from others. I still know some people who prefer the MoFi. I also have the 33 MoFi
So at some point will try to sit down and compare all 3

I need to back to back them but I do think this one may be a bit system dependent. The MoFi doesn’t have bloated bass on my system but have heard a similar comment from others. I still know some people who prefer the MoFi. I also have the 33 MoFi
So at some point will try to sit down and compare all 3
Listen to that track and let me know what you think.
The mofi bass buries a lot of the instrumental playing here.

Listening to Truckin' comparisons today.
Just my opinion but the KG American Beauty smokes the Mofi.
Mofi sounds like a bunch of bloated bass.
KG's has really good separation of instruments and detail. All music still with a nice soundstage on a 33 format.
@TenderLovingKiller® just reached for this wallet. 😛

Back