Definitive Audiophile pressings

Craft one steps on sale for $76 and a buncha other stuff marked down:
Some good stuff on there. Those Stax t shirts are really cool

Ok so I got the new TimTom cut of Mezzanine, I haven't directly compared it yet to the 2013 but just on memory from playing the 2013 a few days ago it does seem slightly improved. Voices seem to have a bit more extension to them. Entire thing seems to have a bit more stage/detail. It certainly isn't night and day and without a direct comparison I could just be making this up. Definitely seems better but I don't think it warrants replacing the 2013 if you've got a clean copy.
Ok so I did a direct comparison, I honestly can't hear any difference between the two pressings. Maybe slight variations in tone or the vocals are a bit farther back in the mix on the new one. I think the new one is a bit quieter, have to turn up a couple extra notches. But honestly if someone told me they were identical I wouldn't argue the point.
VERDICT: Do not need.

Ok so I did a direct comparison, I honestly can't hear any difference between the two pressings. Maybe slight variations in tone or the vocals are a bit farther back in the mix on the new one. I think the new one is a bit quieter, have to turn up a couple extra notches. But honestly if someone told me they were identical I wouldn't argue the point.
VERDICT: Do not need.
Biting the bullet for us all.

A little shout-out because I was not expecting this.

FedEx delivered my Rhino Hifi order to the wrong address. Their (FedEx) customer service is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with. But I emailed Rhino on Saturday after the messed up delivery and first thing this morning they emailed me to let me know that a replacement order has been submitted for me. Very quick from them and very easy. Nice to see.

A little shout-out because I was not expecting this.

FedEx delivered my Rhino Hifi order to the wrong address. Their (FedEx) customer service is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with. But I emailed Rhino on Saturday after the messed up delivery and first thing this morning they emailed me to let me know that a replacement order has been submitted for me. Very quick from them and very easy. Nice to see.
They are good at this, because they have to do it so often. I have done 3 orders from Rhino US and all three disappeared into the beast known as UPS

They are good at this, because they have to do it so often. I have done 3 orders from Rhino US and all three disappeared into the beast known as UPS
I've had that with the Warner related sites. Every time they use UPS it gets lost and occasionally will show up six months later. But FedEx has now delivered 3 of my last 4 orders to the wrong address. I don't get it. It's right on the packages and twice a kind neighbor, even one who lived in a different development about a mile away, came and dropped it off.

I've had that with the Warner related sites. Every time they use UPS it gets lost and occasionally will show up six months later. But FedEx has now delivered 3 of my last 4 orders to the wrong address. I don't get it. It's right on the packages and twice a kind neighbor, even one who lived in a different development about a mile away, came and dropped it off.

FedEx is doing their part in helping people restore their faith in humanity. Every time somebody goes out of their way to properly deliver something dropped off at the wrong address, the world is a slightly better place. They could probably do more for humanity, but let's not ask for too much here.

Anyone getting the Rhino American Beauty?
I listened to my copy of the Mofi last night and it's better than I remembered.
They cut from the tape on it.
If comparable, I'd like to get down to the 33 instead.

I ordered it (along with The Cars), but it hasn't shipped yet. Been a while actually - they're taking their sweet time.

But I won't be able to make a comparison to the MOFI - my current copy is the 50th 33rpm.

Back