December 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: ‘Tis The Season Of Giving

Day 1 — Asia

Looking through some of the posts, I was reminded (yet again) that Iran and Iraq are indeed on the Asian continent. Absolutely love Miller’s mastery of blending Western, Southern, & East Asian instruments and styles with American Jazz to create something new.

Lloyd Miller — Oriental Jazz

71A0C328-5B3E-4A7D-B47C-9BDCEC20CE46.jpeg

Day 2 - 60s
Play something from the 60s

Blues Rock w/ some psych thrown in...

Linn County – Proud Flesh Soothseer
Mercury – SR 61181, 1968

Pressed at Mercury Record Manufacturing Company

L0xra1.jpg

QZBUYK.jpg

Day 3 - Happy Hour
Play something that helps you unwind after work

My 2021 #SpotifyWrapped tells me I listen to a lot of Mastodon, and since I usually listen to Spotify only when I'm going to bed, it seems Mastodon helps me unwind the most.

Their new album hasn't moved far from my TT, I've been putting it on a lot lately w/out posting here every time.

Mastodon – Hushed And Grim
Reprise Records – 093624877790, 2021

Deluxe variant - gold-foil sleeve, 16 page insert, and a 27"x27" poster

Cut by Joe Nino-Hernes at Sterling

HpzpfR.jpg

smU9kZ.jpg

Day 3, after finding out that Chamber Psych is one of my top genres on Spotify, I decided to lean in and play some Esperanza.

Esperanza Spalding- Chamber Music Society

This album, besides being gorgeous, has an amazing cover of one of my favorite Bowie songs, Wild is the Wind.

A53D4853-A48F-4FC1-A3B0-03E312B61D35.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 3 - Happy Hour
Play something that helps you unwind after work

I've been in need of a lot of fuzz after work lately. Don't know why I find this music so relaxing, but it really does make me mellow out. I've been on a Moroccan mint tea kick lately too, so instead of a bourbon or an espresso a nice hot minty tea is my usual accompaniment these days.

Domkraft - Slow Fidelity
IMG_20211203_124138.jpg

Back