December 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: ‘Tis The Season Of Giving

Day1: One of my favorite albums ever. Joanna Wang - Love is Calling Me. Thanks to @zomgbear for introducing me to her.
View attachment 119840
I have jealousy!! I listen to this all the time on spotify but its so expensive to own

I'm listening to records right now so I'll participate!

Day 1: Asia
Chu Ishikawa - Tetsuo OST
20211201_162600.jpg

Last edited:
Well, first day became educational to me as I was not aware that Israel was in Asia.

I have Russian friends that insist Russia is in Europe. Technically it's in both, but the majority of the population is in Europe, so who am I to argue?

Day 1 - Asia
Play something from the largest continent

Various Artists "J Jazz: Deep Modern Jazz From Japan Volume 3" (2021 BBE Records)
A generous compilation of contemporary jazz from Japan. Beautifully pressed at Pallas.

View attachment 119833
Volume 2 is sitting at my local right now and tempting me! Price is making me trigger shy though.

Day 2: The Mannish Boys/Davy Jones & the Lower Third - I Pity the Fool…EP comp from 1965 ( pressed in 1979)

I have lots of 60’s records and I am thinking that Jefferson Airplane will be next, but I thought everyone would have fun seeing a baby Bowie. This was before he changed his name and was going by his given name. This EP is heavily influenced by the blues and you even get some Bowie sax.

Attachments

• 0BCF84FC-9A82-4F0A-8375-7F2CABE56522.jpeg
    0BCF84FC-9A82-4F0A-8375-7F2CABE56522.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 2
Back