Covers

I was having a blah morning (no reason really except the sameness of my days) and this really made me smile. And puppies!

The only bummer in this is the woman. She is not one tiny bit into it. What was the point of her? Lol
Haha, I felt the same way, she seemed so out of place with everyone else having such a good time.

When I first started collecting records I found two Star One studio albums in a shop. I didn't realize who it was when I picked them up, I just saw that Blood Music had put out these reissues and I own most of what Blood Music has put out, plus the cover art was rad. I probably paid $20 a piece for them. It wasn't until I got them home that realized "Oh... this is Arjen Lucassen, of Ayreon fame." Russel Allen also sings on these albums, the lead singer of my favourite band Symphony X. The repress that I have of the first album is on sale for $274 on Discogs (last sold for $98) and the second is going for a little over $50. They're probably my favourite random finds.

Anyway, here's Space Oddity.

Brothers is one of my favorite albums, so I was very surprised to hear a song I knew from The Black Keys when listening to an album from the 70's; Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers - Bustin' Loose. Then when I looked into it I realized it was actually a Jerry Butler song originally haha. All versions are great in my opinion!

Brothers is one of my favorite albums, so I was very surprised to hear a song I knew from The Black Keys when listening to an album from the 70's; Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers - Bustin' Loose. Then when I looked into it I realized it was actually a Jerry Butler song originally haha. All versions are great in my opinion!

Fully expected to get Rick Rolled just now, kind of disappointed.

This cover of Sparks' 'This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both of Us' by Mary Tee and Bruce Brand is a lot of fun. She nails the vocal.

There have been many covers of 'Have Love, Will Travel' over the years. This one remains my favorite.

White Denim side project Constant Bop with a nice take on Elliott Smith's 'Coming Up Roses'.

Back