Covers

It's been a while since a cover really absolutely floored me. Then Youtube suggested this one. The Killers turned into a slow, harmonic, beautiful experience. Give it a listen.

lady blackbird - collage (james gang)

lady blackbird doesn't have an album out yet, but if what is out there is any indication, she has the potential to be huge. she did a fantastic cover of tom petty's angel dream last week on the petty birthday stream, but unfortunately i can't find that video.

The cover album Wesley Shultz of The Lumineers released last year is fantastic and I've been listening to it a ton lately. I made a playlist with the originals and I've gotta say I prefer his version in almost every case. Apparently Sheryl Crow cried when she heard his version of If It Makes You Happy, so I think she agrees haha Here's the playlist if you're interested:

Last edited:
One of my all time favorite covers is Dua taking on this Etta James song. She kills it!

Just listened to this and the death cab for cutie version back to back and this is so much better, especially since dcfc decided to alter the lyrics from
Oh death, you hector me
Decimate those dear to me
Teasе me with your sweet relief
You'rе cool and you are constant

to
Oh death, you hinder me
Death makes those dear to me
Teasе me with your sweet relief
You'rе cruel and you are constant"

which is just not as good as the original

Digging deeper into the recesses of the site and just came across this thread. There's some great stuff in here I'd yet to hear, thank y'all!

I didn't come across this as I was making my way through the past posts. I love it for so many reasons.

I really love that bnative sons cover album by Los lobos, especially this one

Back