Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Here’s a few I have been enjoying as of late..

I really liked his first LP but he seems to be having issues with his record label pushing for a radio hit. They are trying out singles to find the right formula. I think with a better label, he could go places.

I recently started listening to Adia Victoria, she seems like a blend of Americana/Country/Soul or something along those lines. Here's one of her songs that I like a lot

Thanks for this recommendation! I bought both of her LPs today. Any artist with the genre description of “country, rock, Afro punk, blues” on their Wikipedia page is probably gonna be a “buy” for me

Thanks for this recommendation! I bought both of her LPs today. Any artist with the genre description of “country, rock, Afro punk, blues” on their Wikipedia page is probably gonna be a “buy” for me

Glad you liked it! After listening to Silences I checked out Beyond The Bloodhounds and liked it a lot too, I'm going to see if I can find them at my locals this weekend.

I recently started listening to Adia Victoria, she seems like a blend of Americana/Country/Soul or something along those lines. Here's one of her songs that I like a lot

Saw her live last month. She has this gothic feel about her that is very mesmerizing. I enjoyed her set, but I also feel like I would have enjoyed it less had she not had two horn players with her. It added much needed depth to her sound.

Beautiful, can't wait for this to arrive. If there were any justice, this would be a #1 country radio hit, if country radio actually still played country music that is.

Saw them last Thursday at the Cactus Cafe here in Austin, and the while the entire show was excellent, 'Lost My Best' was the song that sort of blew everyone away. The Cactus crowd is a very quiet crowd, and we were all hanging on every word of that one. The kind of performance where everybody turns to others after the last note and say "Whoah!". Seeing them again tomorrow night at The Continental Club. That crowd will be a little rowdier I'm guessing.

I checked all the discussion pages and didn't see one like this, but I could just be blind.

I figured the odd few of us that love country and it's various offshoots could use a place to talk.

To start, I'm really loving the new Tanya Tucker stuff. This video is cute too.

Back