Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

While, I am at it with the "Mainstream" Pre-orders...

The album artwork for both Pardi's and Midland's new records respectively look like they coulda been picked from one of those CD spindle racks for $8.99 while waiting to pay for a car wash in 1994 and I legitamitly dig it.

Last edited:
Got to show up for two of my favorite alt-country firecrackers. Not new records but most definitely needed.

Lilly Hiatt - Trinity Lane

One of the best records of 2017. Lilly is John's daughter. She's got good genes.

3514D283-0A6E-43F7-887D-CCF2A6B5F87E.jpeg

Lydia Loveless - Indestructible Machine

Lydia is the daughter of a traveling preacher who gave up religion and bought a country music bar. She grew up there listening to the bands and nurturing a love for punk rock. Smitten.

F20CF6AF-1E2A-4EB3-A0C2-B4EFA19FBEBF.jpeg

I just started listening to the duo Ida Mae. They used to be a in group called Kill It Kid but that group broke up and 2 of the members made a Americana/Roots/Bluesy group. Their first album came out this spring, here's a couple singles from it.

I just started listening to the duo Ida Mae. They used to be a in group called Kill It Kid but that group broke up and 2 of the members made a Americana/Roots/Bluesy group. Their first album came out this spring, here's a couple singles from it.

Great band. Just met them live at an in store and they couldn't be a nicer couple. Great music and produced by legendary Ethan Johns.

i just stumbled over the new Leyla Mccalla Album on the popmatters "50 best Albums of 2019 so far" and that record is great
Although i don´t know if this fits in genre wise, becasue it is all over the place

She’s too damn prolific, but yeah she’s not genre friendly. Thanks for the heads up, will check out.

Reactions: Jan
Got to show up for two of my favorite alt-country firecrackers. Not new records but most definitely needed.

One of the best records of 2017. Lilly is John's daughter. She's got good genes.

View attachment 9025

Lydia is the daughter of a traveling preacher who gave up religion and bought a country music bar. She grew up there listening to the bands and nurturing a love for punk rock. Smitten.

View attachment 9026

I snagged the Lydia. Thanks so much for making me aware of her!

New Kelsey Waldon!

Great news! Hoping we can get Oh Boy to release Goldmine on vinyl and reissue her pre Goldmine material on vinyl in the future too!

View attachment 9025

View attachment 9026

Amazing albums. Thanks again for recommending Lilly Hiatt to me.

I mean, come on...this vocal is just classic country hurt...

I know you have been pushing them hard and I have enjoyed everything you've posted. That being said, I finally downloaded "Beautiful Lie" and man you weren't kiddin'! This is a great country album. I am sure you're aware (but for those who aren't), they currently have copies of "Beautiful Lie" on Rose Red wax available at their web store limited to 500 copies. I just picked it up. Thanks again for pushing this. You have another convert.

Last edited:
I know you have been pushing them hard and I have enjoyed everything you've posted. That being said, I finally downloaded "Beautiful Lie" and man you weren't kiddin'! This is a great country album. I am sure you're aware (but for those who aren't), they currently have copies of "Beautiful Lie" on Ruby Red wax available at their web store limited to 500 copies. I just picked it up. Thanks again for pushing this. You have another convert.

Really glad to hear you picked it up! All of their records are fantastic, but I particularly enjoy "Cheater's Game" a lot. Also, for what it is worth, they are two of the nicest people around.

Back