Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I had a couple of friends recommend this to me and I love it. Joseph Huber reminds me of early Springsteen mixed with The Band mixed with Bluegrass. His new album Moondog is great.

Me: Springsteen, The Band, and Bluegrass, huh? Come on, what is this Endtro guy smoking?
--- listens to first 5 tracks ---
Also me: Well... I stand correct, that description is pretty spot on. Thanks for the recommendation!

I just got a notification that the New Tyler Childers has shipped. Looking forward to that one.
Mine showed up today from Luna Music (also the splatter version). The first thing that I noticed is that it's only 9 tracks, ~35 minutes. I wish it were 2-3 tracks longer, but I'll take what I can.

I'm going to give it a spin shortly.

I don't know if this belongs here or in the hot take thread but the new Highwomen stuff isn't doing anything for me. When the group was announced I was hoping it would be more along the outlaw side of things. I appreciate the positivity angle they're taking but it's just not what I was personally hoping for. Plus I'm still not really sure who the fourth woman is and Carlile isn't even really country.

I'd rather have a combination of Margo Price, Nikki Lane, Lilly Hiatt, Lydia Loveless, and Sarah Shook put together a rougher country outlaw woman's group.

When it was originally teased months ago Margo Price was mentioned as being part of it but then Amanda Shires walked that back. Maybe Margo's pregnancy timing messed that up. Imagine if she was in that group instead of Natalie Hemby (no offence to her I'm just not familiar with her at all).

I don't know if this belongs here or in the hot take thread but the new Highwomen stuff isn't doing anything for me. When the group was announced I was hoping it would be more along the outlaw side of things. I appreciate the positivity angle they're taking but it's just not what I was personally hoping for. Plus I'm still not really sure who the fourth woman is and Carlile isn't even really country.

I'd rather have a combination of Margo Price, Nikki Lane, Lilly Hiatt, Lydia Loveless, and Sarah Shook put together a rougher country outlaw woman's group.

When it was originally teased months ago Margo Price was mentioned as being part of it but then Amanda Shires walked that back. Maybe Margo's pregnancy timing messed that up. Imagine if she was in that group instead of Natalie Hemby (no offence to her I'm just not familiar with her at all).

I agree in the fact that I haven't been blown away by the first few singles. I think all of them are very talented on their own, I am just not sold on them as a group just yet. I may think differently when the album comes out. Natalie's album Puxico is very good.

Back