Concert/Gig Posters! It's Back!

Here's a new series of limited edition art prints of Jethro Tull album covers. First up, Hey Aqualung!
@HiFi Guy @LeeVing @Russ I @AnthonyI @ranbalam

Here's a new series of limited edition art prints of Jethro Tull album covers. First up, Hey Aqualung!
Very cool. Thanks for the alert.

All things considered, $150 for a signed 24" quality print limited to 300 isn't terrible.

Good thing their name isn't Jethro Tool
The Tool poster market is so ridiculous. The prints are $75 at the merch table. Then 20 minutes after the show ends (and once Maynard lets them turn their cell phones back on), BOOM, $450 print. Oh shit, that's an Alex Gray print...BOOM, $1150 PayPal Friends and Family only.

The Tool poster market is so ridiculous. The prints are $75 at the merch table. Then 20 minutes after the show ends (and once Maynard lets them turn their cell phones back on), BOOM, $450 print. Oh shit, that's an Alex Gray print...BOOM, $1150 PayPal Friends and Family only.
I own this Tool Denver 2006 poster with Emek’s “Cyber Man,” which I bought at a local poster show (Emek lives in Portland). I paid a normal amount for it framed at the show, $150 or $200 or something like that. It goes up for sale on eBay once or twice a year. Currently, there’s a longstanding listing for $5,555 (which is insane). And a recent $3,800 listing that went unsold.

I don’t know what it’s really worth, but those asking prices are hard to explain, regardless of how amazing it is in person — and it really is amazing. This image doesn’t begin to reveal the actual detail.

1648262318610.jpeg

I own this Tool Denver 2006 poster with Emek’s “Cyber Man,” which I bought at a local poster show (Emek lives in Portland). I paid a normal amount for it framed at the show, $150 or $200 or something like that. It goes up for sale on eBay once or twice a year. Currently, there’s a longstanding listing for $5,555 (which is insane). And a recent $3,800 listing that went unsold.

I don’t know what it’s really worth, but those asking prices are hard to explain, regardless of how amazing it is in person — and it really is amazing. This image doesn’t begin to reveal the actual detail.

View attachment 133502
That's a cool Tool print. Have never seen it before.

I don't know a lot about Emek's work, but he has done some really cool Primus prints for a few shows. I especially like this print from the Primus "Willy Wonka" tour. It's cut like a stamp and one variant came with giant googly eyes. Think it goes for around $1500.

image_de14b0ca-7dec-47b6-81ad-993e70cb8e89_1400x.jpg

He also did this ink splatter print. Hidden skulls throughout. Couldn't find a good image of it though.

primusemekforumLA_large.png

I like his use of more than paper there. On a similar note, I saw Queens of the Stone Age way back in 2011 at the Beaumont Club, now a fancy bbq joint. The Emek "poster" was only $20 at the show and it is printed on x-ray film! My brother bought one, but I passed, don't know why, regret it now, because it's pretty cool.
1648301861202.png

I like his use of more than paper there. On a similar note, I saw Queens of the Stone Age way back in 2011 at the Beaumont Club, now a fancy bbq joint. The Emek "poster" was only $20 at the show and it is printed on x-ray film! My brother bought one, but I passed, don't know why, regret it now, because it's pretty cool.
View attachment 133536
That's incredibly creative! Love it.

View attachment 133502

Looks to be worth at least $2000

A reminder that expresso beans exists and is the poster hobbies version of discogs

Back