Concert/Gig Posters! It's Back!

Another thread I just found today, and sorry if this is too long. I’ve been collecting for a while and am very lucky to live where Emek lives and started going to the Art of Musical Maintenance poster show @ the Goodfoot many years ago, and he always had a few choice items there. Here are some shots of my very atypically decorated law firm, which I sold in 2017.

Not shown is the office conf room, which had the crown jewel of my collection, Emek’s “Cyberman” from Tool in Denver in 2006. I also have many more posters hanging at home (incl more Emek and Chuck Sperry) . . . and too many stored unframed.

In order, a trio by Sei Rey Ho (McTuff/Moog anniversary commission/Garage a Trois); Dan Grzeca (Empty Bottle Fest. Of Jazz 2002); James R. Eads (Black Keys); Emek (Deadmaus uncut); Emek (Art of Musical Maintenance 3); Nate Duval (Lotus 2012); Chuck Sperry (AMM 12); Fred Hosman (Lotus 2010 Halloween, when they covered Paranoid); Chuck Sperry (Black Keys); Emek (Sigur Ros); Unknown (Cambodian Space Project, which I purchased at a gallery/club in Phnom Penh); Unknown (Critters Buggin’); Emek (Foo Fighters lava foil).
View attachment 116802
View attachment 116803
View attachment 116804
View attachment 116805
View attachment 116806
View attachment 116808
Did you go to all these shows?

Another thread I just found today, and sorry if this is too long. I’ve been collecting for a while and am very lucky to live where Emek lives and started going to the Art of Musical Maintenance poster show @ the Goodfoot many years ago, and he always had a few choice items there. Here are some shots of my very atypically decorated law firm, which I sold in 2017.

Not shown is the office conf room, which had the crown jewel of my collection, Emek’s “Cyberman” from Tool in Denver in 2006. I also have many more posters hanging at home (incl more Emek and Chuck Sperry) . . . and too many stored unframed.

In order, a trio by Sei Rey Ho (McTuff/Moog anniversary commission/Garage a Trois); Dan Grzeca (Empty Bottle Fest. Of Jazz 2002); James R. Eads (Black Keys); Emek (Deadmaus uncut); Emek (Art of Musical Maintenance 3); Nate Duval (Lotus 2012); Chuck Sperry (AMM 12); Fred Hosman (Lotus 2010 Halloween, when they covered Paranoid); Chuck Sperry (Black Keys); Emek (Sigur Ros); Unknown (Cambodian Space Project, which I purchased at a gallery/club in Phnom Penh); Unknown (Critters Buggin’); Emek (Foo Fighters lava foil).
View attachment 116802
View attachment 116803
View attachment 116804
View attachment 116805
View attachment 116806
View attachment 116808
I'd retain you.

Did you go to all these shows?
I wish! I went to many of them. I don’t buy posters for a show I attend if I don’t really like the poster or the show has some other significance (e.g., Critters Buggin’ isn’t a great poster, but they’re a top 5 band for me and the poster was cheap; I was at Lotus Halloween, and the poster is ok, but it’s signed by band and I think kinda funny, etc). And I buy posters that I really love, regardless of whether I attended.

View attachment 116802
View attachment 116803
View attachment 116804
View attachment 116805
View attachment 116806
View attachment 116808
Holy shit, the vibe of this place is gorgeous. Looks like a magazine.

Back