College Football

Big 10 and Pac 12 have canceled their seasons, just a matter time before others cancel. I love all the comments online blaming the canceling of the season on liberals. How about how some Americans are largely entitled assholes who don't believe in science who vote for politicians who don't believe in science. I love Alabama football about as much as anything in this world, but all I can say to people who keep blaming liberals on the cancellation of college football season is you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I really fear the Big 12, ACC, and SEC are going to push through. Then it will be a question of was the risk worth it? There's lot of glory if they can play a full season and have no issues. There's a whole lot of scorn and lawsuits if it goes poorly.

Hard to say after 1 game against an opponent of uncertain quality, but tonight looked like a step up from last year for my Spartans ...having a rb go for 264 yards and 4 tds certainly helped :)

As a Texas fan, it's just astounding to watch the success Alabama has had since we played them in 2010 and the utter mediocrity that Texas has had in the same period. You can chart the massive deviations in the two programs from that 2010 championship game. I don't hate Alabama. I respect any team that can have that enormous amount of success in a decade and still keep it going into the next one. That said, I hope Michigan or Georgia beats them in Indianapolis.

The bestest sport returned last weekend with a handful of games, but college football really gets going tomorrow with Week One featuring the return of The Backyard Brawl between Pittsburgh and West Virginia.

I can't wait for my annual enjoyment of Texas football for at least one weekend before they inevitably disappoint me the following weekend when they step up to a better opponent who proceeds to remind me just how far away from good we still are.
At least you get your heart broken early. Unlike OSU who will dominate early and then ultimately fall apart when it comes time for championship playoff games.

At least you get your heart broken early. Unlike OSU who will dominate early and then ultimately fall apart when it comes time for championship playoff games.
I'd be okay with that because we'd at least have a couple of Big 12 Championships and the notion that we're not mired in mediocrity. Plus, I'd take your recent record over your rival compared to how terrible we've been against OU the past decade.

I'd be okay with that because we'd at least have a couple of Big 12 Championships and the notion that we're not mired in mediocrity. Plus, I'd take your recent record over your rival compared to how terrible we've been against OU the past decade.
Longing for the days of Mack Brown never thought I’d see the day. At least in a couple years you’ll get to be disappointed while watching SEC football instead of Big 12 football. Also, good luck with year two of Sark. I think that was the year he started drinking (heavily) at Washington.

Longing for the days of Mack Brown never thought I’d see the day. At least in a couple years you’ll get to be disappointed while watching SEC football instead of Big 12 football. Also, good luck with year two of Sark. I think that was the year he started drinking (heavily) at Washington.
Mack Brown was a symptom of a much larger problem with all the rot in the Texas program. Then we made poor hire after poor hire. I think Sark will do well eventually if given time. Hoping we can take a step up this year but fully expecting more .500 to sub .500 football. At least the offense will be fun to watch.

Ultimately, I'm not going to cry too much about the state of the Texas football program. When Vince Young crossed the goal line on 4th and 5 in the greatest game I've ever seen in my life, I said at that moment that if that was the pinnacle of my fandom and the rest was awful, I was fully okay with that.

Last edited:
Back