College Football

GatorJim

How about a thread for all of us College Football fans?

Let's talk about our teams, our traditions, our tailgates and our love for the pigskin. All in good fun.

We’ll need to re-populate the team affiliations as we go.

Florida Gators - @GatorJim
Georgia Bulldogs - @Badams
Iowa Hawkeyes - @Eric
LSU Bengal Tigers - @Delta Don @chris_d_cole @nolalady
Michigan State Spartans - @siremobunny
Nebraska Cornhuskers - @DougTheDog
Texas Longhorns - @mdmost
Texas A&M Aggies - @Siglet
Texas Tech Red Raiders - @blissfullychaotic

Last edited:
In Heaven there is no beer,
that's why we drink it here,
and when we're gone from here.
our friends will be drinking all the beer.
Go Hawks!

giphy.gif

can’t wait until the LSU/Texas game.

me and a few friends are planning on making the trip to Austin, the only problem is tickets are seemingly impossible to get for a decent price.

Yeah there's a lot of excitement when these big games come through DKR since the biggest game every year for Texas fans happens in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl against OU. USC last year was pretty expensive. I used to have season tickets but gave them up as our kids got older. I'm just glad we keep scheduling big names every year in the out of conference schedule. I'm thoroughly convinced that the 2005 MNC doesn't happen without that Ohio State game to set the table for the Texas run to Pasadena. It should be fun. Austin is a great town if you've never been. Tailgating scene around the stadium is pretty hospitable to visitors. It should be rocking with that prime time kickoff.

Yeah there's a lot of excitement when these big games come through DKR since the biggest game every year for Texas fans happens in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl against OU. USC last year was pretty expensive. I used to have season tickets but gave them up as our kids got older. I'm just glad we keep scheduling big names every year in the out of conference schedule. I'm thoroughly convinced that the 2005 MNC doesn't happen without that Ohio State game to set the table for the Texas run to Pasadena. It should be fun. Austin is a great town if you've never been. Tailgating scene around the stadium is pretty hospitable to visitors. It should be rocking with that prime time kickoff.
I love Austin. I actually did my bachelor’s trip there (ACL Fest 14) and one of the guys in our group grew up around Lake Travis, I think. So we’d even have a free place to stay. It’s just getting those dang tickets.

But whether or not we make it to the game, it should be a good one! I’m just excited to be playing a quality opponent in a true away game. I’m so tired of neutral site games.

Back