College Football

Mack Brown was a symptom of a much larger problem with all the rot in the Texas program. Then we made poor hire after poor hire. I think Sark will do well eventually if given time. Hoping we can take a step up this year but fully expecting more .500 to sub .500 football. At least the offense will be fun to watch.

Ultimately, I'm not going to cry too much about the state of the Texas football program. When Vince Young crossed the goal line on 4th and 5 in the greatest game I've ever seen in my life, I said at that moment that if that was the pinnacle of my fandom and the rest was awful, I was fully okay with that.
I am a Fighting Illini fan. Occasionally we get the opportunity to lose to the Pac 12 in the Rose Bowl. That’s about it.

I am a Fighting Illini fan. Occasionally we get the opportunity to lose to the Pac 12 in the Rose Bowl. That’s about it.

I was really hoping to make it to Champaign for a game during my limited stay on the Illinois side of the Mississippi. Fucking COVID ruins everything. 😒

It blows my mind with the talent around the Chicago and St. Louis area that Illinois can't get it together.

I was really hoping to make it to Champaign for a game during my limited stay on the Illinois side of the Mississippi. Fucking COVID ruins everything. 😒

It blows my mind with the talent around the Chicago and St. Louis area that Illinois can't get it together.
Yeah, all the Chicago talent gets picked off by the other, Better Big Ten schools. Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State gets their fair share too but they can recruit nationally.

So I went to UCF (briefly) but I have lived within 15 minutes of USF for 23 years now......so I root for the Bulls and Knights until they play then its UCF all day

Side note...USF can be really sneaky good this year and play spoiler to many teams if these transfer portal players end up shining early on!

The eventual dissolution of the Pac 12 makes me really fear for the Rose Bowl. I love that game and that stadium. I hope the playoff doesn't leave them behind. I feel like the Pac 12's demise is fairly imminent. Feels like Washington and Oregon are going to announce a move in the next few months. If I could wave my wand back in 2010-2011, I would've made Texas, OU, Tech, and Oklahoma State join the Pac 12. I don't mind the move to the SEC as there's going to be a lot of really great football coming to Austin but I always felt the Pac 12 was a better fit for Texas. But then ESPN gave us the ridiculous money for the LHN and it was all over. At least we get our rivalries with Arkansas and A&M back. That will make get our brains beat in by Alabama, LSU, and Georgia easier to take.

Last edited:
The eventual dissolution of the Pac 12 makes me really fear for the Rose Bowl. I love that game and that stadium. I hope the playoff doesn't leave them behind. I feel like the Pac 12's demise is fairly imminent. Feels like Washington and Oregon are going to announce a move in the next few months. If I could wave my wand back in 2010-2011, I would've made Texas, OU, Tech, and Oklahoma State join the Pac 12. I don't mind the move to the SEC as that's going to a lot of really great football coming to Austin but I always felt the Pac 12 was a better fit for Texas. But then ESPN gave us the ridiculous money for the LHN and it was all over. At least we get our rivalries with Arkansas and A&M back. That will make get our brains beat in by Alabama, LSU, and Georgia easier to take.
Yeah, I am pretty sure we are gonna be left with 2 major Super Conferences once this is all over both will be independent of each other and the NCAA. College Football will end up with more of a euro soccer structure to it once said and done. You will likely have playoffs in the Big 10 and SEC to determine the top schools from each school and they will then compete in something akin to a Champions League tournament with the top 3 teams from each conference competing for a National Championship. I think the majority of these bowl games are gonna go away as a result. Maybe for the Big 10 championship game or something they could occasionally hold it in Pasadena but I think the January 1st “Rose Bowl” will likely disappear.

So looks like we're getting 12 teams in a playoff probably in 2025. 6 highest ranked conference champions and 6 at large bids. Eh, I guess. I think 8 is better and limits the amount of repeat matches that 12 will bring (SEC vs. SEC, Big 10 vs Big 10). I just hope they put the first round at home stadiums and not dumb soulless corporate venues and bowl games. So of course they won't do that.

Today my alma mater scored 40 points in the fourth quarter and still lost the game. 😭

Just a ridiculous no defense effort from both UNC and App today. It's somehow both amazing that the score was 63-61 and absolutely disgusting that the score was 63-61.

But hey, at least we weren't Oregon. Oy.

Today my alma mater scored 40 points in the fourth quarter and still lost the game. 😭

Just a ridiculous no defense effort from both UNC and App today. It's somehow both amazing that the score was 63-61 and absolutely disgusting that the score was 63-61.

But hey, at least we weren't Oregon. Oy.
That game was bonkers. Two Point Conversion man.

So looks like we're getting 12 teams in a playoff probably in 2025. 6 highest ranked conference champions and 6 at large bids. Eh, I guess. I think 8 is better and limits the amount of repeat matches that 12 will bring (SEC vs. SEC, Big 10 vs Big 10). I just hope they put the first round at home stadiums and not dumb soulless corporate venues and bowl games. So of course they won't do that.
Bet you’re white knuckling on edge of your seat nervous right now.

Back