Christian Music, Anyone?

This thread had me wanting to break out my Tooth and Nail 10th Anniversary (CD) boxset.

Bands I still listen to at least once a year in order of how often:

mewithoutYou, Further Seems Forever (pre and post Dashboard), Stavesacre, Five Iron Frenzy, Starflyer 59, Poor Old Lu, Luxury, The Blamed, Blindside, Grammatrain, others probably...

While I like Dashboard it kind of irked me that it went from an acoustic side project to basically FSF 2.0

Full-band Dashboard was never able to replicate that FSF rhythm section for me. I thought How to Start a Fire was almost as good as The Moon is Down and Hide Nothing was decent as it's own thing, just because I love the bass player and drummer from FSF so much.

Definitely my favorite

Jason from HTSAF was good friends with the girl who used to cut my hair while I was in NJ. I decided against asking her to get my copy signed.

And full disclosure, I was looking to find you a copy of either of FSF's first two albums for Secret Santa last year but I couldn't find a reasonable price for either of them.

Jason from HTSAF was good friends with the girl who used to cut my hair while I was in NJ. I decided against asking her to get my copy signed.

And full disclosure, I was looking to find you a copy of either of FSF's first two albums for Secret Santa last year but I couldn't find a reasonable price for either of them.

I feel like I have one of their albums on vinyl but I don't have one on Discogs

I am guessing all them go for a premium
I’ve never looked. How to start a fire is probably still available as that got another pressing. Fsf easily in my top ten groups. It’s wild in that each one is like it’s own thing due to a different singer.

Also y’all don’t dunk on the late Jon Bunch. Hide nothing is a gem, have y’all also heard the acoustic cuts of a few of the tracks ?

I’m sure T&N will get around to releasing them again but they don’t ever got deep and so remasters. MewithoutYou still trying to get some masters back so they can do a run of their earlier stuff.

I’ve never looked. How to start a fire is probably still available as that got another pressing. Fsf easily in my top ten groups. It’s wild in that each one is like it’s own thing due to a different singer.

Also y’all don’t dunk on the late Jon Bunch. Hide nothing is a gem, have y’all also heard the acoustic cuts of a few of the tracks ?

I’m sure T&N will get around to releasing them again but they don’t ever got deep and so remasters. MewithoutYou still trying to get some masters back so they can do a run of their earlier stuff.

pretty sure I have all their CDs, also pretty sure I don't have all my CDs added to discogs

pretty sure I have all their CDs, also pretty sure I don't have all my CDs added to discogs
I got the 7” exclusive from penny black. I can send it to you but it’s coming from usb turntable to Mac. I also need to check and see if someone else has done a better job since it’s been like 6 years lol

I got the 7” exclusive from penny black. I can send it to you but it’s coming from usb turntable to Mac. I also need to check and see if someone else has done a better job since it’s been like 6 years lol

I am not that worried about it, but I appreciate the offer

Jars of Clay's self titled is one of the best albums out of the 90's, Christian or non. Fight me.

Most contemporary Christian music is derivative, it's hard not to reuse a lot of themes, but every now and then a gem pops out.

People hate on Stryper, but they were a much better band then people gave them credit for. East Wests "The Light in Guinevere's Garden" was one of my favourite albums growing up and I feel like they were underrated.

I used to love Flood and listened to it all the time. Then, one day it was on and I got a call that my grandpa had died. I listened once more on the way home from his funeral and haven't heard it since. This was....'96 I guess? Sorry to be a downer, that's just what that band makes me think of.

I used to love Flood and listened to it all the time. Then, one day it was on and I got a call that my grandpa had died. I listened once more on the way home from his funeral and haven't heard it since. This was....'96 I guess? Sorry to be a downer, that's just what that band makes me think of.

my non-religious dad had/has Flood on CD, when I started listening to Xn music he was like "hey I have this," quite strange to me

Back