Christian Music, Anyone?

lol I used to listen to the heavy stuff as well when younger. The Devil Wears Prada, Demon Hunter, Becoming the Archetype, a little of August Burns Red...

“This isn’t a phase Mom...” lol it totally was

my non-religious dad had/has Flood on CD, when I started listening to Xn music he was like "hey I have this," quite strange to me

It's a good song, I just cant listen to it any more. It's funny how certain songs playing at key moments in our lives have that effect.

I’ve never looked. How to start a fire is probably still available as that got another pressing. Fsf easily in my top ten groups. It’s wild in that each one is like it’s own thing due to a different singer.

Also y’all don’t dunk on the late Jon Bunch. Hide nothing is a gem, have y’all also heard the acoustic cuts of a few of the tracks ?

I’m sure T&N will get around to releasing them again but they don’t ever got deep and so remasters. MewithoutYou still trying to get some masters back so they can do a run of their earlier stuff.
Jon Bunch was an amazing singer. Sensefield is one of my favorite bands ever, and I was devastated when he died.

I assume you are all aware of Lo-Fidelity Records reissuing a ton of albums on Vinyl. If not, here’s the deets,

You can still pick up a color variant of the 77’s Drowning with Land In Sight at their bandcamp store :
https://lo-fidelity.com/music

Also I stalk their Kickstarter:

Last edited:
I assume you are all aware of Lo-Fidelity Records reissuing a ton of albums on Vinyl. If not, here’s the deets,

You can still pick up a color variant of the 77’s Drowning with Land In Sight at their bandcamp store :

Also I stalk their Kickstarter:
I was looking for Sticks and Stones, bummer I didn’t know it was already reissued. I pledged Adam Again’s Kickstarter campaign, as well as for The Choir, but was unaware of Sticks and Stones.

I'm totally unreligious, but went down a gospel funk rabbit hole a couple of years ago. TL Barrett, of course (never got around to getting the VMP pressing as well and now that's too late); but they were also a couple of great compilations on Numero, Gospel Funk Hymnal and Born Again Funk. I also liked Christians Catch Hell from Honest Jons. And the Andrew Wartts reissue from Superfly was great. There were more that I can't remember for work but if anybody has any suggestions for similar sounds I'm all ears.

I was looking for Sticks and Stones, bummer I didn’t know it was already reissued. I pledged Adam Again’s Kickstarter campaign, as well as for The Choir, but was unaware of Sticks and Stones.
I'm waiting for them to put the Perfecta up on their Bandcamp site.

I actually came across an OG copy of the S/T at a record fair a few week ago. Best $4 I've spent this year.

I'm waiting for them to put the Perfecta up on their Bandcamp site.

I actually came across an OG copy of the S/T at a record fair a few week ago. Best $4 I've spent this year.
I’ve got a CD copy of the Ten Songs reissue, and Homeboys on vinyl. I’be still never heard Dig or Perfecta.

I’ve got a CD copy of the Ten Songs reissue, and Homeboys on vinyl. I’be still never heard Dig or Perfecta.

I don't listen to the new stuff coming out of this genre at all, but those two are still in my regular rotation all these years later.

Dig and River on Fire are the standout hits for me on the album Dig (which is criminally underappreciated).

Perfecta is more raucous than Dig. All Right, Every Mother's Way and Try Not To Try are my favs on this one.

lol I used to listen to the heavy stuff as well when younger. The Devil Wears Prada, Demon Hunter, Becoming the Archetype, a little of August Burns Red...

“This isn’t a phase Mom...” lol it totally was

Demon Hunter kicks ass. The singer of Becoming the Archetype made a new band called Death Therapy that is absolutely amazing. I got both of their albums on vinyl.

Where would one start with Jars of Clay? I remember really liking “Flood" when it was a big single but never listened to much else.

Back