Christian Music, Anyone?

Hutch did the only tour they had for the quitting album lol

Now Paul is just doin beastie boy covers and doing the one man show. I’ll stick around for the jams but the shows won’t age well
DK was always my favorite part of mutemath shows. he’s an absolute monster and such a dynamic performer. he also elevated the studio stuff. they’ll never be the same without him.

With zero irony, I love Lead Me On! I stand by that album. My first concert as a child was the Lead Me On tour.
I recently wore out my original CD (purchased on release day), so had to buy a replacement on Discogs. The whole album is really good.

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in YEARS, I saw them live with some local bands.

I went to a lot of emo-core/hardcore shows because girls in my church wanted to go and their parents didn't want them to go by themselves. A lot of bands that had Christians in them and rode the "Christian Wave" for a bit. Underoath, Norma Jean, As I Lay Dying.

I saw Skillet, Twelve Stones, and Thousand Foot Krutch at Six Flags of all places.

Praise band got me into a lot of stuff, too. But I preferred Church Camp band, because the band leader would take secular songs and Christian Parody them, so we'd do Carry On by Kansas, Shine by Collective Soul, The Reason by Hoobastank, stuff like that. It was a lot of fun.
I saw Undercover at their “final” show at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

At a mutemath show in 2007ish, my friend Darrin and I stuck around after the show and talked with the band for a little bit and Darrin asked Paul why Earthsuit broke up as Paul blamed him for not going to shows or buying the music. Then we got him to sing the chorus to Typical backwards, since the video (which is filmed backwards) had just come out.

Kaleidoscope Superior is a very fun album. I enjoyed it more than any subsequent Mutemath stuff.

One record that never is recognized is the only release by Cush, a combination of Mike Knott with some of the members of The Prayer Chain. The song Heaven Sent has a bass line that just slays me.

Their first two albums are ska masterpieces. I can take or leave the rest of their catalog.

Yeah those are the ones I'm referring to. I only ever listened to the first 3 albums...the first 2 were awesome, then Chase the Sun was ehhh

One band I’m surprised I haven’t seen mentioned yet is Starflyer 59. Leave Here a Stranger is legit.

A less popular opinion here: Amy Grant’s Lead Me On is a great pop album.

I had to drop the needle on this one... as soon as Amy starts singing... Goosebumps up and down my arms. I'm dead.

YiIw0SpDG--uaE81iKlpHRM2M67xINSKwVUeMALnUSaZiW-Y3kaqgvwOKTyYcbgnzj2Tr47y0p5LHGn589On00to3A7MkEWmXsv9S6diPoGKiY6tVoKZbJ6zjVxwXcaTcZYNlviGicMKvXc0Hiju7JnnFHL1DiTCZ9bGqLIZocbvs5dHdKDXInJzudKF1dKBgkNe-VDir2Lj_BWrb0GUfC-ZGb5PNIvvKWBjePN5kfgELrdkml4ztcbjt5cDT44GQp8KCLUZ7guO7uneh_Jfv6VsjyRzK-BkYbuogGVzMm4SjICTyPZXID59aSZ3gzJ8DP36AmXM4ZH91glwJD61pZeT4IUOfKpFa9bA4Kp4gm03N30-3YBy1k-pU9HoPQiKZhr9SG5pxHqJrbpuGLX1ovPGfHSkloeFdKVQMlBODlRjz6_QPbssuDNBMpSkBFjF1O10dIQKyOJnnvs2tPIOvz_smGNdyOMNvyBxLl_ZEbmqVUB_FNPNpYXuoYP9-Mp9XNEKj0v5-eTvzeHO2HsH6_yt4CZ4eEln-yO0AWaBsxV30F_jIuIWTEhezC0KaMiIOJpSopXwJATO9QZlWxB-4nbMUZqNrZyhBrfAW5X2V6RJEjBZ1hikh06M8Tz4oUbVljbrY4Rs9uaN0sL-aFS6q00tqlsGwVED=w1764-h1322-no

DK was always my favorite part of mutemath shows. he’s an absolute monster and such a dynamic performer. he also elevated the studio stuff. they’ll never be the same without him.
Same. But the sucre stuff he is doing with Stacy sounds very mm. New single at the start of each month. Y’all get on it !

I had to drop the needle on this one... as soon as Amy starts singing... Goosebumps up and down my arms. I'm dead.

YiIw0SpDG--uaE81iKlpHRM2M67xINSKwVUeMALnUSaZiW-Y3kaqgvwOKTyYcbgnzj2Tr47y0p5LHGn589On00to3A7MkEWmXsv9S6diPoGKiY6tVoKZbJ6zjVxwXcaTcZYNlviGicMKvXc0Hiju7JnnFHL1DiTCZ9bGqLIZocbvs5dHdKDXInJzudKF1dKBgkNe-VDir2Lj_BWrb0GUfC-ZGb5PNIvvKWBjePN5kfgELrdkml4ztcbjt5cDT44GQp8KCLUZ7guO7uneh_Jfv6VsjyRzK-BkYbuogGVzMm4SjICTyPZXID59aSZ3gzJ8DP36AmXM4ZH91glwJD61pZeT4IUOfKpFa9bA4Kp4gm03N30-3YBy1k-pU9HoPQiKZhr9SG5pxHqJrbpuGLX1ovPGfHSkloeFdKVQMlBODlRjz6_QPbssuDNBMpSkBFjF1O10dIQKyOJnnvs2tPIOvz_smGNdyOMNvyBxLl_ZEbmqVUB_FNPNpYXuoYP9-Mp9XNEKj0v5-eTvzeHO2HsH6_yt4CZ4eEln-yO0AWaBsxV30F_jIuIWTEhezC0KaMiIOJpSopXwJATO9QZlWxB-4nbMUZqNrZyhBrfAW5X2V6RJEjBZ1hikh06M8Tz4oUbVljbrY4Rs9uaN0sL-aFS6q00tqlsGwVED=w1764-h1322-no
I need to get a copy of this on vinyl. I seem to remember the cd having “bonus tracks”, one of them being Waiting For the Healing. Is that song on the record?

I need to get a copy of this on vinyl. I seem to remember the cd having “bonus tracks”, one of them being Waiting For the Healing. Is that song on the record?
"Waiting for the Healing" is NOT on the record. I've only ever had the album on cassette and now, after much diligence and patience, on vinyl. I picked up this copy a few years ago at a Half Price Books. I cannot get through the title track without weeping like a crazy person.

Not into Christian Rock for the sake of it being Christian Rock but there are some great albums and songs about Christ that I like a lot. If you’re into it you should Check out the new album, into the agony. Their old side project, Duvall, has some great songs as well and they’re virtually unknown.

Last edited:
"Waiting for the Healing" is NOT on the record. I've only ever had the album on cassette and now, after much diligence and patience, on vinyl. I picked up this copy a few years ago at a Half Price Books. I cannot get through the title track without weeping like a crazy person.
The opening track 1974 sets the tone of the album perfectly.

Not into Christian Rock for the sake of it being Christian Rock but there are some great albums and songs about Christ that I like a lot. If you’re into it you should Check out the new Smoking Popes album, into the agony. Their old side project, Duvall, has some great songs as well and they’re virtually unknown.

Yes! That Duvall album is pretty great. I've still got a copy of that on CD!

Yes! That Duvall album is pretty great. I've still got a copy of that on CD!
Josh’s voice is special, it has and always will give me chills. I’m not invested in a faith but I will sing these Jesus songs at the top of my lungs on a road trip. Had the pleasure of seeing Duvall open for Taylor Hawkins (foo fighters) band, Chevy Metal. It was the smallest little divey place and I was completely in awe the whole night.

One band I’m surprised I haven’t seen mentioned yet is Starflyer 59. Leave Here a Stranger is legit.

A less popular opinion here: Amy Grant’s Lead Me On is a great pop album.
Starflyer has a new one that is pretty good called Young in My Head. Most of the SF59 vinyl is hard to come by and needs repressed.

Back