Christian Music, Anyone?

I mean if we are going to get into the weeds and out of ccm , where we at with dead poetic, beloved, further seems forever and the like.

Anberlin discussion has already been open. Listen, I have time for this. We can discuss at length, including how the Juliana theory is not “Christian” but “I think Brett is” and other things my idiot jr high and high school self talked to bands about.

I think we need to talk about how Paul Meany from Mutemath was in Earthsuit.

At a mutemath show in 2007ish, my friend Darrin and I stuck around after the show and talked with the band for a little bit and Darrin asked Paul why Earthsuit broke up as Paul blamed him for not going to shows or buying the music. Then we got him to sing the chorus to Typical backwards, since the video (which is filmed backwards) had just come out.

This is ANOTHER song I listen to regularly, Earthsuit used to play at my youth group events all the time. And I think it's not just Paul; another Earthsuit member went to Mutemath too, right?
Roy, the bassist, was the long time bassist for Mutemath. and then, when Darren King quit the band, the Earthsuit drummer toured with Mutemath

Roy, the bassist, was the long time bassist for Mutemath. and then, when Darren King quit the band, the Earthsuit drummer toured with Mutemath

Was that the most recent tour, where they had Jonathan Allen playing bass? Aka the kid in my youth group who used to make fun of me for not having good enough taste in music lol

i was into a lot of the Tooth and Nail punk and emo bands back in the day, particularly MxPx, who I understand still exists, but are pretty much fully secularized at this point.

Was that the most recent tour, where they had Jonathan Allen playing bass? Aka the kid in my youth group who used to make fun of me for not having good enough taste in music lol
hahaha probably. Mutemath sort of imploded a couple years ago. Now it’s just Meaney making music under the moniker.

This is ANOTHER song I listen to regularly, Earthsuit used to play at my youth group events all the time. And I think it's not just Paul; another Earthsuit member went to Mutemath too, right?
Such a jam. That wheel song by earthsuit is good too

Also you heard the worship album the og mutemath members and other put out under the name elevator music

yep. DK quit shortly after the release of their last album and I believe Hutch stepped in on the initial tour promoting it
Hutch did the only tour they had for the quitting album lol

Now Paul is just doin beastie boy covers and doing the one man show. I’ll stick around for the jams but the shows won’t age well

Back