Christian Music, Anyone?

SMLXL Vinyl has a reissue of Jars of Clay's "If I left the zoo" that sounds nice! I emailed the owner asking for details and he said that the band was involved in this release.
Yeah my guy doesn’t provide deets on a lot of releases but they typically sound good.

Grabbed that if I left the zoo when they had their rsd sale and added switchfoots breathe and human.

I'm actually just getting more into Christian stuff because the praise band I'm in grew and we're playing more of that stuff. Obviously I know all the Hillsongs, Bethel, Elevation etc. I also like what I've heard from Ellie Limebear. Always looking for more suggestions.
Stephen Christian of anberlin sings in these songs. Grace after grace is *chef kisses fingers* good. The others are ok.
620E49DA-B605-4AEC-8342-6A621B6892ED.jpeg

Still have a soft spot for Stavesacre's Speakeasy.
Man, that's a name I haven't heard in YEARS, I saw them live with some local bands.

I went to a lot of emo-core/hardcore shows because girls in my church wanted to go and their parents didn't want them to go by themselves. A lot of bands that had Christians in them and rode the "Christian Wave" for a bit. Underoath, Norma Jean, As I Lay Dying.

I saw Skillet, Twelve Stones, and Thousand Foot Krutch at Six Flags of all places.

I'm actually just getting more into Christian stuff because the praise band I'm in grew and we're playing more of that stuff. Obviously I know all the Hillsongs, Bethel, Elevation etc. I also like what I've heard from Ellie Limebear. Always looking for more suggestions.

Praise band got me into a lot of stuff, too. But I preferred Church Camp band, because the band leader would take secular songs and Christian Parody them, so we'd do Carry On by Kansas, Shine by Collective Soul, The Reason by Hoobastank, stuff like that. It was a lot of fun.

“Good Christian Fun” is a great podcast that may be right in y’all’s wheelhouse. They look at Christian pop culture (mostly music from the 80s-90s but also contemporary music and movies (hoo boy)) and instead of ripping it all to shreds, they look at all with respect while primarily focusing on its place in (mostly American) Christianity and it’s significance on a personal and cultural level.

It’s hosted by Kevin T. Porter and Caroline Ely, who are Christians, and every week they have a guest on who may or may not be a Christian, but usually have some sort of background in the church.

There is very little corporate worship music that I can stand. I like a Bethel or Hillsong or Elevation song here or there, but I can’t do a whole album.

There is a ton of good stuff out there though...
Gungor (R.I.P.)
John Mark McMillan
Sandra McCracken
John Van Deusen
Josh Garrels
King Kaleidoscope
Bifrost Arts

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in YEARS, I saw them live with some local bands.

I went to a lot of emo-core/hardcore shows because girls in my church wanted to go and their parents didn't want them to go by themselves. A lot of bands that had Christians in them and rode the "Christian Wave" for a bit. Underoath, Norma Jean, As I Lay Dying.

I saw Skillet, Twelve Stones, and Thousand Foot Krutch at Six Flags of all places.

Praise band got me into a lot of stuff, too. But I preferred Church Camp band, because the band leader would take secular songs and Christian Parody them, so we'd do Carry On by Kansas, Shine by Collective Soul, The Reason by Hoobastank, stuff like that. It was a lot of fun.

Where is your signature GIF from? What movie?

Jars of Clay's self titled is one of the best albums out of the 90's, Christian or non. Fight me.

SO TRUE. I haven't been to a church for anything other than a wedding in years (and even then, I think the last wedding I went to that was in a church was in like 2014...sup @chris_d_cole), but I still listen to this album regularly. It really is very good

Back