Ch Ch Ch Changes! - David Bowie Talk

The past couple have been announced mid to late July so hopefully soon

Yeah I was thinking they were June/July so I was beginning to get curious. Just always wary now with the shortage of pressing capacity v demand. I’d been reading recently that demand for records pressed is nearing 250million but that existing capacity is only 120million and that the supply v demand for new presses is even more extreme.

That is what I am hope for. At the least a recreation of the album like Gouster. Plus the complete BBC Theatre show.

Wonder which album Visconti will much with?

That is what I am hope for. At the least a recreation of the album like Gouster. Plus the complete BBC Theatre show.

Wonder which album Visconti will much with?

Yeah that’d be nice, well unless they hold it for 6 because thematically it fits in better with Heathen.

Who knows. Maybe for the first time since box 1 he won’t get that chance 🤞🏻

I wonder if they might just stop the boxsets with this one at 2000. Doing everything from Black Tie to Black Star would be too big, but if they doing another set with the last 4 albums would be sparse.

Who knows, just gimme the damn box set so I can sell my ridiculously inflated colour vinyl versions of Outside and hours

I wonder if they might just stop the boxsets with this one at 2000. Doing everything from Black Tie to Black Star would be too big, but if they doing another set with the last 4 albums would be sparse.

Who knows, just gimme the damn box set so I can sell my ridiculously inflated colour vinyl versions of Outside and hours

I hope not!

I could say you’d get close to the minimum of 13LPs that they’ve had so far with:

Heathen
Reality
Reality Live
The Next Day
The Next Day Extra (Never Been on Vinyl)
Black Star
Lazarus Soundtrack
No Plan EP
Rewind 6

Plus there will likely be something weird and new and Tony’s version of one that represents how his bestest buddy in the whole world always actually wanted it to sound 🙄

Tony would get his greasy mitts on both Next Day and Black Star and compress the shit out of them. Sigh

At least the boxes have kept the original mixes too. I’ll be honest and beyond first time though I’ve only really listened to the Ken Scott Ziggy remix again and still even that one far less than the original mix.

This boxset will stop in 2001. They made reference to it on the official website last year.

I think this where the Toy rumours come from because it was recorded that year and if it was stopping at hours they would say 1999.

Hopefully we get the full BBC set, that would be about 3 lp's on its own.

Haven't owned an actual cd player in about 10yrs, but does not stop me from buying Bowie cds. Ordered both of these from Japan last Monday and arrived today.

For the 30th anniversary of Ziggy, Aladin Sane, Diamond Dogs and StationToStation (but not Young Americans which is weird) they did up double cd deluxe editions. They all included commissioned liner notes from David Buckley, who wrote the one of the better Bowie recording biographies (Strange Fascination).

Ziggy Stardust (with obi)
Diamond Dogs
791AB09D-0B33-4AD0-94D6-926DE048FDBB.jpeg

Haven't owned an actual cd player in about 10yrs, but does not stop me from buying Bowie cds. Ordered both of these from Japan last Monday and arrived today.

For the 30th anniversary of Ziggy, Aladin Sane, Diamond Dogs and StationToStation (but not Young Americans which is weird) they did up double cd deluxe editions. They all included commissioned liner notes from David Buckley, who wrote the one of the better Bowie recording biographies (Strange Fascination).

Ziggy Stardust (with obi)
Diamond Dogs
View attachment 106112

I have that diamond dogs. It’s a nice package. Well a U.K. release anyway, I’m not sure if it’s the same liner notes but the package looks the same. I have no idea why I bought the fancy edition of my least favourite album from the golden era but there we go!

i just read a german article about the history of mtv and was pointed to this interesting interview from 1983

Fantastic interview. Do you have a link to the article?

Not only a great interview that highlights MTV for what it was, that is the best example I've seen of how the word 'interesting' is most often used in English.

I
Fantastic interview. Do you have a link to the article?

Not only a great interview that highlights MTV for what it was, that is the best example I've seen of how the word 'interesting' is most often used in English.
This is the article( which is more personal recollections of the authors than proper history of mtv) , but i found the link to the video only in the comments.
It´s amazing how bowie turns the positions and questions mtvs stance on black music and does it charmingly and elegantly without wavering on the subject.

Back