Ch Ch Ch Changes! - David Bowie Talk

This was very badly organised. Surely a better (the only way?) to do limited editions is to release a presale with a limited window and press according to demand. Today my last record for the box shipped btw, so I will have the complete vinyl set. A nice thing

This was very badly organised. Surely a better (the only way?) to do limited editions is to release a presale with a limited window and press according to demand. Today my last record for the box shipped btw, so I will have the complete vinyl set. A nice thing
Yeah. It was the end of me ever going in for limited edition sets. As the amazing 90s girl group Vanilla once said 'no way, no way... Ma nah ma nah'

By the way... If anyone on here doesn't know who Vanilla were. They were basically just like the Supremes... Just from Barnet

Yep..lessons will be learned by the look of it ...my final cd dispatched today so I’ll have the complete CD box set ... hopefully everyone can grab any gaps they’ve got

Or just don’t don’t do limited editions. Grrrr.

My take on this is they should have pressed a larger but limited amount of each and left it at that.

On the other side of the coin however, i will be able to get the first 4 i missed without having to pay flippers prices!

Email just in

Dear David Bowie Fan,

We are aware that a number of fans have had a poor shopping experience during the ‘Brilliant Live Adventures’ campaign, and for that we are very sorry.

We also recognize that, unfortunately due to the unexpected demand, many people have been unable to purchase certain titles and subsequently missed out on the opportunity to complete their collection.

In the coming weeks we will provide you with further details on how and when we will be making these titles available to you again.

Once again we apologize and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

David Bowie Web Store Team

I’d love to have the option of purchasing the entire set, box and all. You know, as one normally does when they buy a box set.

I got the apology email from rhino this morning, letting me know my order is now on back order. Are they really gone find a pallet load in the back of the warehouse somewhere?

I got the apology email from rhino this morning, letting me know my order is now on back order. Are they really gone find a pallet load in the back of the warehouse somewhere?
Looks like they are going to press more. Which means the ‘limited’ nature of the first run is less so. Why limit any of these when there is demand? I feel the same about the RSD releases. This only benefits scalpers

From the Bowie website...

“We are aware that a number of fans have had a poor shopping experience during the Brilliant Live Adventures campaign, and for that we are very sorry. We also recognise that, unfortunately due to the unexpected demand, many people have been unable to purchase certain titles and subsequently missed out on the opportunity to complete their collection. In the coming weeks we will provide you with further details on how and when we will be making these titles available to you again.

Once again we apologise and thank you for your patience and continued support.”

Or just don’t don’t do limited editions. Grrrr.

The vast majority of limited editions are just a money grab feeding on the pageantry of vinyl ownership, not what's actually in the grooves and goes into the ears, heart and soul. I've found over decades in this hobby, if you focus on the music, the real reason we're all (supposedly) here, you'll save a buncha grief and a buncha money.

For Bowie bootleg fans, there is a copy of the complete 2000 BBC Radio Theatre show. The official release (as a bonus with the BBC sessions anthology) has 15 tracks only. My guess is those 15 tracks will be part of the next box set which should be announced this fall. I have downloading it right now but have not heard the quality, though it is supposed to be sourced from the hi res soundboard files.

Here we go ..

Here we go ..

They’re up in Bowie’s webstore

For those that may have missed out on some of the Brilliant Live Adventures albums/cd they are doing a 2nd pressing. Of course they would be stupid not to, but at least this will kill the flipper market. Luckily I got all 6 and only had to pay a flipper (not horrendous) for 1 of them. You need to register your interest so I guess you get sent a link when they are available to order.

Back