Ch Ch Ch Changes! - David Bowie Talk

So we must be nearing the announcement of the 5th box set. Anyone have any inclination as to where they will go next?

Last one went through Never Let Me Down, right? I’d go through Earthling plus Tin Machine. I’d buy that box too. Would sell my outside to help pay for it.

Do you think Tin Machine would be in there? I know the first album was some under Bowie’s solo contract but I think the rest of the stuff was all jointly controlled as a band. Might that work better on its own as a Tin Machine box?

My inclination would be through to hours only solo stuff and then leave toy/heathen to the end as the last box.

Actually, I think I’d like a mini Tin Machine with both albums and any unreleased, b-sides there may be and there have to be some live shows. Then they could do Black Tie throw earthling, because there has to be some demo and out take stuff on top of b-sides and remixes. They could also through in an official release of a Bowie/NIN show!

Last edited:
Hey all, not been on here in a few weeks. I've got a bit of a Bowie fixation and N&G is missing a Bowie release thread. (Or, so it looks.)

The "official" DB site is winding down its Space Oddity 50th anniversary release. We've been having a lot of great conjecture and speculation on the Steve Hoffman forum about the upcoming 5th box.

I've received a lead from a reliable source that the 5th box is coming shortly and includes Tin Machine, Black Tie White Noise, and Buddha of Suburbia. Will keep everyone updated as I discover more.

Hey all, not been on here in a few weeks. I've got a bit of a Bowie fixation and N&G is missing a Bowie release thread. (Or, so it looks.)

The "official" DB site is winding down its Space Oddity 50th anniversary release. We've been having a lot of great conjecture and speculation on the Steve Hoffman forum about the upcoming 5th box.

I've received a lead from a reliable source that the 5th box is coming shortly and includes Tin Machine, Black Tie White Noise, and Buddha of Suburbia. Will keep everyone updated as I discover more.
Ooooohhhh.

I was under the impression that Reeves was working on a separate boxset for just the Tin Machine releases. I am easy either way but I will definitely kill for Buddha on vinyl. I wonder what the time range will be? I do wonder if Outside might get included in this boxset? Thematically it doesn't really fit.

Even though I felt like it was highway robbery, I did buy the 3 7" boxsets and the Mercury demos. I do hope they do something similar for MWSTW.

Reactions: Tyr

Oh no! Not Tin Machine!

I will probably play the Tin Machine albums more than Never Let Me Down, but also not exactly fist pumping for them either. This will probably be the lowest point in the boxsets (other than Buddha) but also will include more records that I don't have on vinyl already than any other boxset.

I really don’t need it. Also it was supposed to be a band rather than him as the star? Why is it crow barred into his solo box then? If they did a tin machine box for those people and then the 90s as a solo box everything would be good and there would be no such crap compromises. Stinks of a record company wanting to squeeze an unnecessary extra box set in his name that’d sell more copies than a tin machine one would...

I think this boxset will give the previous one a run for its money on filler. I expect at least a couple of live (3lp) albums. My Bowie live section is already almost 1 kallax cube

I think this boxset will give the previous one a run for its money on filler. I expect at least a couple of live (3lp) albums. My Bowie live section is already almost 1 kallax cube

I decided when switching from CDs with Bowie to just go boxes so they’re all I have. The four so far have completely filled one kallax square...

Last edited:
Back