Ch Ch Ch Changes! - David Bowie Talk

J
That was bloody awful. They didn’t appear on dig so had to jump back to the official store. Got the slipcase too so have a complete set. That was a terrible way to release these records.
yep..not fun ...

So hopefully no one else does that type of thing again ..as I’m out ...

Unless it was a series of Smiths live albums

Or Led Zep ....

Or pink Floyd ....

Oh dear 🙈

Confirmation email read so just need the posty to come thru ....

If they did a Bowie brilliant live in the 70’s ...who would be in ? I’ve already got loads of live stuff from that era so I’m not sure ...
How are we kidding. We’d all be in.

I don't know. This has massively sucked to be honest. If I'd not picked up the first couple then there's no way I'd be getting involved in this madness. Think the trick in future is to close my eyes and let it all pass by

Madness indeed. And they r gone. At least the main batch. They r popping in and out of stock on Rhino at the moment.

It takes two people and a forum to buy a record. Had my wife checking all morning since 5am as have I. Lord knows how many page loads.

I get up to heat some lunch a min later she is calling out the five alarm 🚨.

Now my fate will be in hands of USPS.

If they did a Bowie brilliant live in the 70’s ...who would be in ? I’ve already got loads of live stuff from that era so I’m not sure ...
There are not a lot of holy grails left from the 70s. Supposedly his 1970 Glastonbury recording is good quality and complete. There is Cleveland in 73 that is good. It would be interesting to hear something from June 1974 early in the Diamond Dogs tour or even a proper release of the 1980 Floor Show tv concert. The Isolar tour is well represented by Nassau, that tour had a pretty tight song list. Isolar II has Stage and Welcome To The Blackout as pretty good examples of that tour, though Gothenburg Sweden show is amazing (think there was a new shipment of coke that night.) I would love at least one show from Sound + Vision tour in 1990

Has the label ever specified the pressing quantities on the BLA releases?

There are not a lot of holy grails left from the 70s. Supposedly his 1970 Glastonbury recording is good quality and complete. There is Cleveland in 73 that is good. It would be interesting to hear something from June 1974 early in the Diamond Dogs tour or even a proper release of the 1980 Floor Show tv concert. The Isolar tour is well represented by Nassau, that tour had a pretty tight song list. Isolar II has Stage and Welcome To The Blackout as pretty good examples of that tour, though Gothenburg Sweden show is amazing (think there was a new shipment of coke that night.) I would love at least one show from Sound + Vision tour in 1990

Oh I’m in then!

Email just in

Dear David Bowie Fan,

We are aware that a number of fans have had a poor shopping experience during the ‘Brilliant Live Adventures’ campaign, and for that we are very sorry.

We also recognize that, unfortunately due to the unexpected demand, many people have been unable to purchase certain titles and subsequently missed out on the opportunity to complete their collection.

In the coming weeks we will provide you with further details on how and when we will be making these titles available to you again.

Once again we apologize and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

David Bowie Web Store Team

Back