Best Music of 2021

Really looking forward to this new one from Bowerbirds in April. It’s been about 9 years since the last album, which was a favorite of mine that year.

New info about St Vincent's new album are starting to leak it seems! Titled "Daddy's Home" and the first single "Pay Your Way in Pain", which is produced by Jack Antonoff, is set to drop March 5th

I really cany wait to hear this! She is one of my favorite artists working currently and she hasnt put out a bad project yet!

New info about St Vincent's new album are starting to leak it seems! Titled "Daddy's Home" and the first single "Pay Your Way in Pain", which is produced by Jack Antonoff, is set to drop March 5th

I really cany wait to hear this! She is one of my favorite artists working currently and she hasnt put out a bad project yet!
i haven't been into an album of hers since Strange Mercy, but i have high hopes

At first I was little put off by the vocals but by the middle of the album I had to buy a physical copy. I love it. It's one of the most interesting things I've heard in a while. I think it'll be one of the biggest albums this year (but it could also get completely lost in the shuffle). Bummed I missed the variants that were out there, but happy I got a standard copy regardless. It just arrived today.
Same! Incredible record; very happy that rough trade had copies of the black vinyl available

I wonder what it’ll sound like. Wasn’t a fan of self titled much, thought Masseducation was better but still not as good as the first three. Will definitely buy though cause there’s still often something I enjoy on all the albums
I think the S/T is about fourth on my list of her five albums, not counting Love This Giant. Even though I kind of hated New York, I did really like Masseduction as a whole, though not as much as Strange Mercy or Actor (my favorite)

I think the S/T is about fourth on my list of her five albums, not counting Love This Giant. Even though I kind of hated New York, I did really like Masseduction as a whole, though not as much as Strange Mercy or Actor (my favorite)
Goes to show you how subjective music is. New York is one of my favorite tracks from MASSEDUCTION. 🤷‍♂️

It's funny Masseduction is one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time and strange mercy would be in top 50. But no matter how many times I try I just cant get into Actor besides like 2 tracks

It's funny Masseduction is one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time and strange mercy would be in top 50. But no matter how many times I try I just cant get into Actor besides like 2 tracks
I love Actor so much. It was the first new release of hers I heard. I got into her debut right before and was blown away by what she did on Actor. Strange Mercy was another big step forward to me. But I was so disappointed in the S/T. It was weird to see because I had been such a huge fan before and it seemed like that was the album that got more people into her music. And I still haven’t figured out why.

side note: Catching on twice on the Strange Mercy tour was incredible. And got to meet her after one of the shows and she was incredibly nice. I feel like doing that is probably much harder these days.

Back