Best Music of 2021

Well Black Country, New Road dropped the first great album of the year yesterday in my opinion

At first I was little put off by the vocals but by the middle of the album I had to buy a physical copy. I love it. It's one of the most interesting things I've heard in a while. I think it'll be one of the biggest albums this year (but it could also get completely lost in the shuffle). Bummed I missed the variants that were out there, but happy I got a standard copy regardless. It just arrived today.

Has Baio's "Dead Hand Control" come up on here yet? I guess he's a member of Vampire Weekend. Full disclosure: I'm just a lukewarm fan of Vampire Weekend.

That said, I need to spend more time with this record, but it reminds me of Pulp in a good way.
This one flew under the radar a little but deserves every little bit of attention. 👍

Has Baio's "Dead Hand Control" come up on here yet? I guess he's a member of Vampire Weekend. Full disclosure: I'm just a lukewarm fan of Vampire Weekend.

That said, I need to spend more time with this record, but it reminds me of Pulp in a good way.
I’m a big Vampire Weekend fan but I never have really listened to Baio’s solo stuff. One of his songs from his first album was played over and over on the radio when it came out and it turned me off of wanting to check out the record. But I did hear something from the new album on Time Crisis (Ezra’s radio show) and it sounded pretty nice

I’m a big Vampire Weekend fan but I never have really listened to Baio’s solo stuff. One of his songs from his first album was played over and over on the radio when it came out and it turned me off of wanting to check out the record. But I did hear something from the new album on Time Crisis (Ezra’s radio show) and it sounded pretty nice
You must mean Sister of Pearl. I love that song 🎵 despite being overplayed on SIriusXM radio 📻 back in 2015.

I've completely overlooked this thread, but on a quick scan over the past couple of pages I've jotted down a decent list of things to check out.

First up - Dominique Fils-Aimé. I've gone to her first record, I think, 'Nameless'....it's brilliant! So thanks for the heads-up on her.
Glad you found this thread! And, yeah, the Dominique album was a lucky find on Bandcamp for me the other day. I'm looking forward to checking out her first two albums, both of which seem to have been enjoyed!

Back