Best Music of 2020

song 33 by noname on pitchforks best of the year list.. thats tbh a bit of a surprise..

in fact most of this list is songs they didn't bother giving best new music or even talking about and from albums they didn't give that high of reviews to (laugh now cry later wtf, rain on me over physical? WAP NUMBER 1)

P4K dropped their best of the year list
though i do know a lot of these albums were pretty good.. some are a little higher than i expected and i honestly wonder if the BNM label even means anything anymore when half of these were 8/10s they didn't give the "you must listen" award (and am i the only person who doesn't really love that waxahatchee album that much?)

though i do know a lot of these albums were pretty good.. some are a little higher than i expected and i honestly wonder if the BNM label even means anything anymore when half of these were 8/10s they didn't give the "you must listen" award (and am i the only person who doesn't really love that waxahatchee album that much?)
You beat me to it 😄

I’m with you, Waxahatchee was okay to me... can’t stand her voice... also, wasn’t expecting US Girls to be so high and Addrianne Lenker to be so low...

I’m with you, Waxahatchee was okay to me... can’t stand her voice... also, wasn’t expecting US Girls to be so high and Addrianne Lenker to be so low...
You either like Waxahatchee or you don't. I'm in the like camp. As for U.S. Girls, admittedly I forgot all about that album until recently. It may or may not make my AOTY list and for Adrienne Lenker I don't like it all that much. 🤷‍♂️

I really enjoyed Saint Cloud. Looking over all these lists there is so much homogeny. There is obviously only gonna be some but it feels like everybody chose the same top 50 and then lazily shuffled the order.

Yeah we are very different people. I absolutely love Waxahatchee. I think Kate Crutchfield’s voice is what sets her apart. Though, it does make for an acquired taste I suppose. And Anddrianne Lenker doesn’t do much for me. I have enjoyed a few Big Thief songs but I’ve yet to have a full album click with me and lord have I tried.

Back