Best Music of 2020

German webshop HHV invited record labels & shops owners, artists and friends to share their top 10 for 2020. There are people from Brownswood Recordsings, Selva Discos, Tapete, Akuphone, Kompakt, Afrosynth Records, RR Gems, Finders Keepers, Heavenly Sweetness, Mr Bongo, Superfly Records, Mad About Records or Guts, Ed Mota, Eloquent, Hania Rani, Helena Hauff etc... (I didn't scrolled half the page).

The whole list is here : https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/charts/hhv-mag-artist-partner-vinyl-charts-of-2020

Here is an interesting one :

1607354222633.png

@Poly-Rythmo @Selaws @Mr Moore

German webshop HHV invited record labels & shops owners, artists and friends to share their top 10 for 2020. There are people from Brownswood Recordsings, Selva Discos, Tapete, Akuphone, Kompakt, Afrosynth Records, RR Gems, Finders Keepers, Heavenly Sweetness, Mr Bongo, Superfly Records, Mad About Records or Guts, Ed Mota, Eloquent, Hania Rani, Helena Hauff etc... (I didn't scrolled half the page).

The whole list is here : https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/charts/hhv-mag-artist-partner-vinyl-charts-of-2020

View attachment 79212

Wow out of dozens of people, only 1 person here had Fiona Apple on their list! Theres a nice diversity in tastes here - I'll have to spend some time on these.

View attachment 79212

Ha! Which one doesn’t belong?

View attachment 79212

Fantastic, if very long, list. I liked this one too from boss of Muriel Grossmann's label

RR Gems.jpg

And this one

Quinton.jpg

Last edited:
Wow out of dozens of people, only 1 person here had Fiona Apple on their list! Theres a nice diversity in tastes here - I'll have to spend some time on these.
Ha! Which one doesn’t belong?
Fantastic, if very long, list. I liked this one too from boss of Muriel Grossmann's label

View attachment 79227

And this one

View attachment 79230

I don't even know where to start (actually, I started with Sounds of Liberation) but there are definitely many many gems to be found here. I like that different people with different "positions" in the music industry, with a different background are all mixed together. I wish they had created a global list with all these lists. I think it's something @Woob_woob can do in a couple of minutes :p

I don't even know where to start (actually, I started with Sounds of Liberation) but there are definitely many many gems to be found here. I like that different people with different "positions" in the music industry, with a different background are all mixed together. I wish they had created a global list with all these lists. I think it's something @Woob_woob can do in a couple of minutes :p
Yeah, this is so great to comb through -- appreciate the share!

What's tough for me is so many lists mix 2020 releases with archival reissues. My head would explode if I tried to do that.

Back