Best Music of 2020

Woob_woob

It's almost 2020! What albums are you most looking forward to?

Based off of what I heard live and the 2 singles it's looking like Moses has AOTY already locked up. Also the new Grimes has already leaked and it's really good.

Bennnnn

At the moment I am looking forward to Frances Quinlan's solo LP the most.

But based on that list, I'd also say...

Anna Burch, Caroline Rose, My Morning Jacket (is this one actually happening?), Julien Baker?, Moses Sumney...and...

Phoebe Bridgers?
Fiona Apple??
Kendrick Lamar???
Frank Ocean???? (I doubt it)

Oh and Matt Berninger's solo album should be a nice listen too.

Teeeee

Looking forward to these pop albums from our pop queens: Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Jessie Ware, HAIM, Charli XCX, Rihanna and Kesha

Looking forward to these other albums: The Beths, Caroline Rose, Moses Sumney, Perfume Genius and RUN THE MOTHEREFFING JEWELS!!! HYPE!!!!

sorcerer

Viper The Rapper - One Day You'll See Me Again (1999-2008)

Fame is a disease. One we're all susceptible to, but do a good job of narrowly avoiding. For some however, it unfortunately becomes inescapable.

Viper the Rapper is known more than anything else for being a joke. A joke that started in 2009 when his "You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack" album garnered attention from 4chan. When that spark of interest coincided with a spike in his numbers, a shift occured. Viper had tasted fame, and from then on his idea of success coincided with money and power. This unfortunately bled into his perception of what it meant to create art. It was all about the goal, and no longer was any care given to what led up to success. Much like an addict craving another hit, that desire for fame is no different.

Before Viper gave up honest art entirely though, he was a passionate rapper based in Houston where his idea of success had nothing to do with power and cash; it was about friendships, loyalty, and his ability to do a "Two-Hand Hanger Dunk". In fact, when he released his first album "Hustlin' Thick" on October 7th 2003 under the self-titled name "Lee Dogg," he made sure to thank "The boys that hoop at Marion," and that was after thanking 177 other unique individuals.

The music on this album/bootleg/compilation takes from the eight albums that viper created before he began what fans call his "recycling phase," AKA his true discography. It is a labor of love that aims to best capture the innovation and beauty that exists in a criminally underrated time which has long since past.

I'd like to end this off with the final words of the incredibly long list from his first album: "To anyone who I forgot I apologize. Thank you too."

The uploader put a link to download this in their description, in case you're interested. If any of you remember, this was compiled by the same guy that did compiled a Lil Ugly Mane boot titled "Livestream Of Consciousness."

I spent a lot of time wondering how I'd go into 2020, and after stumbling upon this very recently-uploaded video, I think I've found my entrance music.

Lee Newman

It's almost 2020! What albums are you most looking forward to?

Based off of what I heard live and the 2 singles it's looking like Moses has AOTY already locked up. Also the new Grimes has already leaked and it's really good.
Really curious about your thoughts on Me in 20 Years. Gonna have to give another try to Lopatin.