Best Music of 2020

So I never listened to Pinegrove before. Just never was interested. But I decided to give this one a shot on my drive home yesterday and really found myself into it. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I do. But I keep reading their first one is still the best, so I’ll check that one out tomorrow.
It’s really good. You’re in for a treat.

I just want to hear the new Caribou, Four Tet, and Dan Deacon albums now. All of the singles are fantastic.

With new Caribou and Four Tet albums, electronic greatness in 2020 seems already ensured. Based on her single, I´m also excited for Beatrice Dillons debut coming in February:

Gorillaz have been very active on social media in the last 24hrs and are hinting at possible new music #SongMachine

2020's looking like it'll be a nice year for local artists in Atlantic Canada. Kim Harris is first out of the gate with her sophomore album, out today, that I think a lot of singer-songwriter fans will dig if they get exposed to it.

February is a very solid month, at least on paper, for new album releases:
Against All Logic - 2017-2019 (Feb 7)
Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (Feb 14)
Tennis - Swimmer (Feb 14)
Grimes - Miss_Anthrop0cene (Feb 21)
Best Coast - Always Tomorrow (Feb 21)
Caribou - Suddenly (Feb 28)
Soccer Mommy - Color Theory (Feb 28)
Real Estate - The Main Thing (Feb 28)
King Krule - Man Alive! (Feb 28)
Tycho - Simulcast (Feb 28)

I'm really, really loving Caspian's On Circles. In my opinion, it adds to a body of work that puts them in the very top rung of post rock bands.

This new Andy Shauf album is really nice. I've never heard of him before, but because I'm itching for some music, now that we've had a taste of new music I decided to give it a try. Same goes for the Pet Shop Boys, Dan Deacon, Bonny Light Horseman. All of those I'd probably skip if it were say, May or June, where there's loads of new albums that have been out or are coming out.

This new Andy Shauf album is really nice. I've never heard of him before, but because I'm itching for some music, now that we've had a taste of new music I decided to give it a try. Same goes for the Pet Shop Boys, Dan Deacon, Bonny Light Horseman. All of those I'd probably skip if it were say, May or June, where there's loads of new albums that have been out or are coming out.
"Try Again" is a great catchy little song.

"Try Again" is a great catchy little song.
YES the whole album has so many little catchy bits that end up as earworms. On first listen I thought it was boring but with multiple listens it's growing on me.

I literally only heard of and heard him starting last week, do you know if his older albums are also worth listening to and which ones. I see he has a few.

I literally only heard of and heard him starting last week, do you know if his older albums are also worth listening to and which ones. I see he has a few.

The Bearer of Bad News and The Party are both wonderful albums and well worth listening to.

I would also recommend this live version of "Wendell Walker" which is maybe my favourite Andy song, and a really nice live video:

YES the whole album has so many little catchy bits that end up as earworms. On first listen I thought it was boring but with multiple listens it's growing on me.

I'm new to his music as well so I don't know.

Back