Best Music šŸŽµ of 2023!

Sweet! This is the end of year list I look forward to the most. I usually find a few artists that slipped through the crack.

I need to look up Steve Hydenā€™s list as well as itā€™s usually full of good stuff also.

Have you heard that Ryan Davis record? Feel like a Silver Jews fan would totally dig it

Good list.

Thanks for sharing this one. I've never heard of this website, but I have a ton of overlap with this list and am excited to dive into the rest.

Same! I still canā€™t get enough of it. Also picked up a State Champion record with it
the first two State Champion records were pretty fundamental for me. lots of seeing them in three flat basements in Chicago. still remember seeing a young Angel Olsen (who was friends with them) open one basement show in particular. I'm so excited he's getting so much positive press for this one (and the last State Champion record). He's just one of the best people I've ever encountered.

My brother sent me this one from a Finnish blog. It leans pretty heavily to americana/country/folk. There's some interesting stuff on there (how someone could have 100 favorite albums in a year is maybe another story):

My brother sent me this one from a Finnish blog. It leans pretty heavily to americana/country/folk. There's some interesting stuff on there (how someone could have 100 favorite albums in a year is maybe another story):

Good list. Our top 10ā€™s have a lot of overlap.

CUT WORMS šŸ™ŒšŸŖ±

4 of those top 5 are from the Portland area. Crazy. @hatfieldpdx check this out.

4 of those top 5 are from the Portland area. Crazy. @hatfieldpdx check this out.
That area put out a lot of great stuff this year. Those 4 as well as The Sons of Rainier, and Willy Tea Taylor (Not exactly Portland, but TK & The Holy Know Nothings are the band on this one so I think it counts) are all high on my list this year.

Back