Baseball

Whatever happened to the Nationals players that were tested after Juan Soto? I'm guessing they came back negative?

Edit: finally found an article stating that they did test negative. Had to sift through stories about Trump's National Security Advisor.

I am watching The DBacks vs The Padres and I hadn’t realized The Pad’s went back to their bad ass Brown and Gold color schemes. They look sharp. I love the Unis.

A day later and they really don't have a plan. Just making it up as they go along.
At this point the plan is to just hope more Marlins tests don't come back positive. So yeah, making it up as they go along.

I can't believe there was no contingent for cancelled games. This had to be expected at some point. With only 6 off days that doesn't leave any room for makeup.

Looks like Phillies tests came back negative so far and they'll be tested again today.

4 more Marlins players tested positive today. What in the world is the league going to do about them?! It seems wrong to shut down the whole league because one team handled it so poorly. But how can you field a team with 15 players needing replaced? Not to place blame completely on the players but it would be interesting to see how closely the Marlins followed safe protocols so other teams can learn from it. From what we know so far some of their decisions have been questionable at best.

Looks like Phillies tests came back negative so far and they'll be tested again today.

4 more Marlins players tested positive today. What in the world is the league going to do about them?! It seems wrong to shut down the whole league because one team handled it so poorly. But how can you field a team with 15 players needing replaced? Not to place blame completely on the players but it would be interesting to see how closely the Marlins followed safe protocols so other teams can learn from it. From what we know so far some of their decisions have been questionable at best.
Manfred:

frank-drebin-nothing-to-see.gif

Based on what was said in this report, I'm going to say that they did not follow great safety protocols.

Here's the excerpt I'm referring to:

bball snip.PNG

So, what I'm hearing is that you had several confirmed positive COVID tests on the team, and the team decided "No, that's fine, we will just play the game anyways."

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Something tells me that every other team in MLB is NOT happy about the Marlins making that reckless decision.

Based on what was said in this report, I'm going to say that they did not follow great safety protocols.

Here's the excerpt I'm referring to:

View attachment 58740

So, what I'm hearing is that you had several confirmed positive COVID tests on the team, and the team decided "No, that's fine, we will just play the game anyways."

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Something tells me that every other team in MLB is NOT happy about the Marlins making that reckless decision.
Was the team meeting an actual in person meeting? If so, they deserve to be penalized for being that dumb.

Apparently it is not the established protocol. Apparently said protocol doesn't exist in the MLB-provided manual. 😐
Unbelievable. It's crazy that they haven't said at what point the season will be halted. The plan was obviously doomed to fail at the outset but what is it going to take? Nationals manager already said he's terrified.

Unbelievable. It's crazy that they haven't said at what point the season will be halted. The plan was obviously doomed to fail at the outset but what is it going to take? Nationals manager already said he's terrified.

Yeah, it definitely throws MLB into pretty stark contrast when you look at the measures and precautions the NBA and NHL are taking. They look entirely unprepared for any sort of contingency regarding outbreaks or players testing positive mid-way through a series..

I can't blame Dave Martinez at all. I imagine the Yankees organization is pissed that they almost went into the same clubhouse as the Marlins in Philly. Like, it's reckless stuff.

I think it's going to take an outbreak that spreads from team to team. I honestly believe most players still want to play.

I think this is some pretty uncharted territory and no one knows for sure how this is gonna play out. I do hope this outbreak ends up being contained to the Marlins organization and other teams use this as a warning so they take the protocol set in place more seriously.

Marlins season has been paused as they are now up to 19 people in the organization that tested positive.
Is that official? I saw it was a plan and also pausing the Phillies until Friday. I mean, I don't live it but it makes sense. I think you're definitely going to have teams finish the season with less than 60 games. There's no way the Phillies will make up 4 with the Yankees (and honestly, I'm fine if they don't).

Back