Baseball

There are reports on the news this morning that the MLB is looking to start their season as early as next month.

They are looking to play all games in empty stadiums in Arizona.

The current plan still needs approval from the players union and owners before it can move forward.

There are reports on the news this morning that the MLB is looking to start their season as early as next month.

The current plan still needs approval from the players union and owners before it can move forward.
I mean, at this point I'll take any Baseball I can get. I just don't want them to rush into a bad situation though so it would need to be handled right.

I mean, at this point I'll take any Baseball I can get. I just don't want them to rush into a bad situation though so it would need to be handled right.
I literally never watch baseball unless it's the playoffs but I'll take it. Like @dbarila said, needs to be handled well. Players and staff need to be tested daily. No idea how the dynamics of the game would work. Would everyone in the batting circles stand far apart or is that something that won't change?

I literally never watch baseball unless it's the playoffs but I'll take it. Like @dbarila said, needs to be handled well. Players and staff need to be tested daily. No idea how the dynamics of the game would work. Would everyone in the batting circles stand far apart or is that something that won't change?
I read that the players would actually be in the stands spread out instead of the duggout. I haven't seen anything how they will be handling the minor leagues. How do you replace an injured starting pitcher of you don't have any AAA stretched and playing. You'd almost have to have AAA games being played as well.

I read that the players would actually be in the stands spread out instead of the duggout. I haven't seen anything how they will be handling the minor leagues. How do you replace an injured starting pitcher of you don't have any AAA stretched and playing. You'd almost have to have AAA games being played as well.
maybe the MLB will make an exception to have like a 60 man roster instead of the 40 to account for injuries and etc. It'll be like a reserves squad that still is training with everyone else. that would be my idea.

Welp that kinda blows. Part of what made the Nats so damn good last season was the dugout comradery.

I get why, and I want everyone to be safe. But separating the players in the stands is blah. Also, what is the point? The base runners are gonna be in close proximity to the infield. The ball is going to be tossed between the players and not going to be sanitized before the shortstop throws it to the 1st baseman who throws it back to the pitcher.

I don't think this is the time to have any sports league starting up. It isn't worth the risk.

Welp that kinda blows. Part of what made the Nats so damn good last season was the dugout comradery.

I get why, and I want everyone to be safe. But separating the players in the stands is blah. Also, what is the point? The base runners are gonna be in close proximity to the infield. The ball is going to be tossed between the players and not going to be sanitized before the shortstop throws it to the 1st baseman who throws it back to the pitcher.

I don't think this is the time to have any sports league starting up. It isn't worth the risk.
I agree. It seems stupid to implement something different instead of just waiting a couple more months (hopefully)

more specifics here: Sources: MLB, players eye May return in Arizona

I'm not sure what's the rush. MLB has had shortened seasons before, granted because of strikes. It would make sense for everyone to just wait. Players still would have to travel in to Arizona. You'd still need staff to run the games, broadcast teams, security, etc. I get everyone wants sports but it needs to make sense and be safe for all involved.

Back