Baseball

At least if they are going to break up they are breaking up on top. I'd sacrifice all of my favorite Philadelphia athletes for rings in their respective sports.
It seems to happen to most championship teams, right? It makes the individuals more marketable and they can get beneficial contracts on the market. But it certainly was a magical season even if they completely collapse next year.

Also, I didn't realize this but the eagles aren't in bad shape at all in the NFC east. I think they'll make the playoffs.

It seems to happen to most championship teams, right? It makes the individuals more marketable and they can get beneficial contracts on the market. But it certainly was a magical season even if they completely collapse next year.

Also, I didn't realize this but the eagles aren't in bad shape at all in the NFC east. I think they'll make the playoffs.
They have a cakewalk towards the end of the season with 2 NYG, 1 Wash, and 1 Miami. If they can beat Dallas I think they can win the division. They are also starting to get healthy which should help, but overall they have disapointed so far this year.

I will not link or post a pic of it. But I am very very disappointed in Suzuki. VERY. This has all been blissfully fun and great feeling until he went and did what he did.

im from hawaii. this was unexpected to say the least. hes going to get a lot of flack when he goes home. makes me wonder whats in the burgers trump serves at the white house...

I will not link or post a pic of it. But I am very very disappointed in Suzuki. VERY. This has all been blissfully fun and great feeling until he went and did what he did.

im from hawaii. this was unexpected to say the least. hes going to get a lot of flack when he goes home. makes me wonder whats in the burgers trump serves at the white house...
It's just baffling. And his response didn't make it any better.

Like, how does he look his teammates that skipped the event in the eyes?

At least if they are going to break up they are breaking up on top. I'd sacrifice all of my favorite Philadelphia athletes for rings in their respective sports.
This. I have this conversation all the time. We were a game away from the world series last year, 4 outs away from moving on against the eventual champions this year. Next year we could easily miss the playoffs. Hell, could never make it for the rest of my lifetime. That's the way it goes for small market teams. I wouldn't care where, say, Yelich ends up if we got a ring. Giannis' can go off to LA as long as he wins us a championship, for all care.

if im yu darvish im pissed off. lol. the astros in recent years are really not doing themselves any favors with their various internal antics. as a braves fan that saw my team get mlb's heavy handed punishment last year i wouldnt be surprised to see mlb really make an example out of houston.
I mean, at this point, they need to. Right?

From this stealing calls to the horrible way they handled that gm's rant, they need to be made an example of.

Not even close. I love Pete and think he should be in the hall, but what he did is waaay worse for the game than stealing signs.

He bet on Reds games, but never against the team, so he never influenced any games in a way that he wouldn't have if he hadn't been betting. How is that worse than using a banned method to relay information to players to actively influence the outcome of games?

He bet on Reds games, but never against the team, so he never influenced any games in a way that he wouldn't have if he hadn't been betting. How is that worse than using a banned method to relay information to players to actively influence the outcome of games?
Rose is a known liar, he maintained that he didnt bet on baseball at all until 2004, so I have a hard time taking his word that he never gambled against his team especially since there are rumblings out there that he did bet against his team. He also claims that he never gambled as a player which has been proven false. Also gambling on baseball is illegal while stealing signs is not (yes houston went above and beyond in their theft) Rule 21 is posted all over the clubhouse and has been ever since the Black Sox scandal which is the biggest black eye in sports history.

Rose is a known liar, he maintained that he didnt bet on baseball at all until 2004, so I have a hard time taking his word that he never gambled against his team especially since there are rumblings out there that he did bet against his team. Also gambling on baseball is illegal while stealing signs is not (yes houston went above and beyond in their theft) Rule 21 is posted all over the clubhouse and has been ever since the Black Sox scandal which is the biggest black eye in sports history.

I agree that Rose has a history of lying. I'm also not arguing that Pete shouldn't still be banned. I haven't heard the rumblings that you mentioned, but until they are more than rumblings I have no reason to see it differently. As an aside, I still believe that Pete should be banned for life, but I also don't believe that should keep him out of the HoF.

What I'm saying is that, in my view, actively influencing the outcome of a game in the manner that is alleged is worse than betting in the way that Pete did which is known. Which is why I feel that their 2017 championship should be vacated if all of this is true.

This story makes me want to finally read The MVP Machine, but I'm currently finishing up The Only Rule Is It Has To Work (fun book btw) so it'll be a minute before "baseball book by Ben Lindbergh" comes back up on the ol' genre roulette wheel.

I agree that Rose has a history of lying. I'm also not arguing that Pete shouldn't still be banned. I haven't heard the rumblings that you mentioned, but until they are more than rumblings I have no reason to see it differently. As an aside, I still believe that Pete should be banned for life, but I also don't believe that should keep him out of the HoF.

What I'm saying is that, in my view, actively influencing the outcome of a game in the manner that is alleged is worse than betting in the way that Pete did which is known. Which is why I feel that their 2017 championship should be vacated if all of this is true.
hell yes, give it to the Dodgers, set an example that cheating is not tolerated.

If they do find them guilty of doing it, which the evidence is pretty damning, I don't think they'll strip them of any championships.
At most, a fine, and maybe a draft pick. But as for the fans, we will place an asterisk on their titles.
One thing for sure, they did not do it against the Nats. lololol

I think it's a really slippery slope vacating results for issues not specifically written in the rules. Stealing signs using technology has been happening in baseball for decades now (The Shot Heard Round the world was partially due to sign stealing with a telescope) and doesnt hurt the integrity of the game nearly as much as gambling or PED scandals. If you start vacating for stealing signs why not just vacate the Big Red Machines entire run and the whole of 90s baseball

Back