August '22 - N&G VINYL SPINS CHALLENGE - Don’t tell @MikeH

18. Get It Together

Before coming to this thread to see what prompt I missed yesterday I put this record on. It was shipped with the discs out of the sleeve, which is standard for this label, but when I took them out I saw that none of the labels indicate which disc is one or two. I hate this, so I said they need to get their shit together. Then I took a picture for the what's spinning thread, it turned out like the hot mess posted below, and I realized I need to get my shit together too. Then I came here and saw the prompt. So some doom metal it is. Gonna go work on getting myself together now.

Low Flying Hawks - Fuyu

IMG20220819115605.jpg

19. Let's Get It On

Otis Redding/Jimi Hendrix Experience - Historic Performances: Recorded At The Monterey International Pop Festival
9FF9DE03-507A-481F-903D-05DA0E4C5D37.jpeg

I love this album just because of how different the two sides are. I love Otis and Jimi but I would imagine that most people who own this album would likely spin one side more than the other (I am an Otis guy FWIW) and Otis is why I picked this release Marvin Gaye and Otis Redding were arguably the two most important male voices in 60s Soul, both sadly had their lives cut short by tragedy, and both had lots of songs about the act of love making.

Back