August '22 - N&G VINYL SPINS CHALLENGE - Don’t tell @MikeH

20. A Case of You

Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio "Cold As Weiss"
(2022 Colemine Records)
A Case of You is on the album "Blue", so here's a blue record. I'm specifically playing something from Colemine, which I hope gets me a brownie point...

View attachment 149221
Crazy that they already have another drummer...and Weiss was the new guy on this record.

18. Get It Together

Grand Funk - Closer to Home
I love this record, it's so solid start to finish. Funky bluesy goodness. And Mean Mistreater is an all time favorite song of mine of mine...it hit me in my late teens during a weird and particularly tricky spot in life, so it's one of those songs that is attached to my soul for life.

Anywhooo, it has Get it Together on it.

@Yer Ol' Uncle D - you have this record I assume?

I'd dig a repress of this, this pressing is a bit dark and muddy and the record itself is in rough shape.

IMG_1744.JPG

Crazy that they already have another drummer...and Weiss was the new guy on this record.

Is there another one replacing Weiss now? There's basically a different drummer on every album.

They're pretty much Spinal Tap.

DjgsTo.gif

20. A Case of You

Midland - Live At The Palomino
B2BDFE70-633D-48FC-B5EA-B5F108A686C9.jpeg

Based on what others have played here I am gonna assume that “A Case Of You” is a Joni Mitchell song. I am not a big Joni fan my guess would be that the title is some sort of booze metaphor. I think if I were “a case of…” something it would probably be a 30 pack of Miller High Life. I doubt that is what Joni had in mind but if this song woulda been written by Midland instead it mighta been… well, maybe not High Life, probably pack of Lone Stare longnecks but you get the point.

Last edited:
Day 19 - Let’s Get It On

962603CA-8968-48EA-8032-E2BDE52349F6.jpeg

Donna Summer - On the Radio

Donna Summer has a bunch of sexy fun songs and this album is a great selection of them! Songs like “Hot Stuff” and “Dim Alll the Lights” are amazing sexy times but “Love to Love You” has to be the sexiest; consisting of pretty much nothing but Donna moaning in ecasty lol. Also all of this talk of sexy songs got me thinking of @NathanRicaud, I feel like I never see them anymore

Day 20 - A Case of You

4A5AF76C-1841-4EDD-ABAB-F1C126A9458A.jpeg

Crosby Stills Nash and Young - Deja Vu

Going with the song Nash wrote about Joni Mitchell and the idealic home they would one day own together, though she will leave him before the album even came out. Also a quick google search tells me that “case of you” may be about Nash so this is even more fitting

Back