August '22 - N&G VINYL SPINS CHALLENGE - Don’t tell @MikeH

15. Assanhado

They're giving you assanhado eyes on the cover that say "come hither and touch my chest hair." Happy to soon this one again since I found it a record fair a few weeks back. I hope they repress it one day so I can get a great copy, but this one isn't too bad till then.

Grateful Dead - Go to Heaven
View attachment 148919
You know who recut this for Friday Music a few years ago? 😍 I hope they can repress some of those older friday music titles

You know who recut this for Friday Music a few years ago? 😍 I hope they can repress some of those older friday music titles
Yep. I should have bought it last year when you could still get a reasonably priced copy used. But not no more. So many represses that need to happen. I'd take a Terrapin Station before this one though if I could, since I'm still missing that one.

17. Layla

Layla "was inspired by a love story that originated in 7th-century Arabia and later formed the basis of The Story of Layla and Majnun by the 12th-century Persian poet Nizami Ganjavi"
I don't feel like listening to Clapton so here's another middle eastern love story:

Tangos de la Sultana

Raendo las cuerdas de su guitarra,
Raendo las cuerdas de su guitarra,
Un sultán se quejaba de su sultana.
Son dos pozos de estrellas tus ojos negros,
Y una rosa sin luna tu pelo negro,
Tu pelo negro, tu pelo negro,
Son dos pozos de estrellas, tus ojos negros.
A mata de romero huele tu cuerpo,
A mata de romero huele tu cuerpo,
No hay en la tierra mora en mi matiendo,
No hay en la tierra mora en mi matiendo.
Siendo un rey poderoso soy un mendigo,
Siendo un rey poderoso soy un mendigo,
Si me faltan las llamas de tu cariño,
De tu cariño, de tu cariño,
Si me faltan las llamas de tu cariño.
No te metas más conmigo,
No te metas más conmigo,
Porque sobra tú sabes
Que tú roneas conmigo,
Que tú roneas conmigo.

Camarón de la Isla - La Leyenda del Tiempo

BEB74351-419C-446D-BA5D-C981FA1500E6.jpeg

Day 17: “Layla”

I'm going to play the definitive version of the song, originally written and composed by Trey Anastasio for the Tedeschi Trucks Band. I don't know who this Clapton character is that others were taking about.

Tedeschi Trucks Band w/ Trey Anastasio
Layla Revisited (Live at Lockin')

Btw, after listening to this album a dozen times or more, the jam on Anyday is the tops.
Screenshot_2022-08-17-11-07-55-24_4a808d795e22c35ddff3ce3b406eb72d.jpg

Last edited:
17. Layla

Fela Ransome-Kuti And The Africa ‘70 with Ginger Baker - Live!
74683C83-F176-48AF-9701-E18245AEEFA1.jpeg
Eric Clapton is an Asshole. Duane Allman was an amazing talent we lost too soon. “”Layla” is killer song about wanting to fuck George Harrison’s wife. I already played an Allman Bros album this challenge and like I said, Clapton = gigantic gaping asshole; so I will instead play an album that featured his much beloved former Cream & Blind Faith band mate, drummer, Ginger Baker.

Day 17: “Layla”

I'm going to play the definitive version of the song, originally written and composed by Trey Anastasio for the Tedeschi Trucks Band. I don't know who this Clapton character is that others were taking about.

Tedeschi Trucks Band w/ Trey Anastasio
Layla Revisited (Live at Lockin')
View attachment 148962
Since no one has logged onto my office hours I've been able to enjoy this uninterrupted. Students not wanting to talk to their professor for the win!

17. Layla

Fela Ransome-Kuti And The Africa ‘70 with Ginger Baker - Live!
View attachment 148971
Eric Clapton is an Asshole. Duane Allman was an amazing talent we lost too soon. “”Layla” is killer song about wanting to fuck George Harrison’s wife. I already played an Allman Bros album this challenge and like I said, Clapton = gigantic gaping asshole; so I will instead play an album that featured his much beloved former Cream & Blind Faith band mate, drummer, Ginger Baker.

I've always hated how he gets the credit for that opening guitar lick from a lot of people instead of Duane

Back