August '22 - N&G VINYL SPINS CHALLENGE - Don’t tell @MikeH

22. Sarabande

Camaron con Paco de Lucia y tomatito "Como El Agua"
(1981 Phillips; 2019 reissue)
Not sure I have anything with a sarabande rhythm in my collection, or how to identify it, so I decided to play something with various Spanish styles that may or may not be related beyond country of origin... flamenco, tango, bolero, tarantos, alegrias.

IMG_2938.JPG

22. Sarabande

Camaron con Paco de Lucia y tomatito "Como El Agua"
(1981 Phillips; 2019 reissue)
Not sure I have anything with a sarabande rhythm in my collection, or how to identify it, so I decided to play something with various Spanish styles that may or may not be related beyond country of origin... flamenco, tango, bolero, tarantos, alegrias.

View attachment 149347
Do you remember where you bought this one?

EDIT: Checked on Disco100 (where I bought La Leyenda del Tiempo) and they had it. Ordered!

Last edited:
20. A Case of You

The Mountain Goats - The Sunset Tree

I know this is an odd album for the prompt, but it's the first one that popped into my head. This has to be in the running for my top ten most listened to albums of all time. The line "a girl named Cathy wants a little of my time" in This Year always makes me think of a very good friend of mine when we were teenagers named Cathy. We hung out all the time so everyone thought I had caught a bad case of her. But she was just a lot of fun to be friends with and I wasn't interested in anything more... mostly because I was hooking up with her best friend and she didn't know about it. Ah to be young and dumb and often drunk.

Screenshot_2022-08-22-21-32-39-97_4a808d795e22c35ddff3ce3b406eb72d.jpg

Last edited:
22. Sarabande
Various – Nonesuch Presents: Treasures Of The Baroque
20220823_083639.jpg

I'd initially planned to play some Erik Satie, but I don't actually have any of his Sarabandes so, instead, I went with some unplayed Baroque from my Free Store score a few weeks back since Sarabandes were a popular form with the Baroque composers.

Back