Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

24_0213_Customer_Appreciation_Email_01.jpg

USE CODE: CAPS15
*Eligible items only. Some products and manufacturers may not qualify.
Limited to stock on hand. Cannot be applied to previous orders or backorders.
Offer expires: 03/11/2024 12AM CT

@Mather If that coupon works on the Degritter MKII, that would be the best price going.
Thank you however Degritter is region locked, they can't sell outside the States. I decided to just go local even though it's gunna be a premium cost. I think just in terms of potential service needs with something this pricey it makes sense to pay the extra to have an actual store on hand to deal with issues, rather than me shipping things to Estonia. It should arrive today or tomorrow, hopefully...

Thank you however Degritter is region locked, they can't sell outside the States. I decided to just go local even though it's gunna be a premium cost. I think just in terms of potential service needs with something this pricey it makes sense to pay the extra to have an actual store on hand to deal with issues, rather than me shipping things to Estonia. It should arrive today or tomorrow, hopefully...

Here was me hoping you’d make a road trip on the mad max scooter to pick it up….

Here was me hoping you’d make a road trip on the mad max scooter to pick it up….
-arrives at Music Direct after 64 straight hours of riding only stopping every 5 hours to charge the bike battery-

-triumphantly purchases Degritter at 15% off-

-is handed 2 ft by 2 ft twenty five pound box-

-attempts to get back on bike-

"Well... fuck-a-doodle doo."

You make any decisions about your (next?) preamp?

Well the issue with my preamp was that I inadvertently cooked it with the tube amp below. It was overheating and going into an error state. Since I put the wooden isolation platform in place it’s absorbed most of the direct heat and that has only happened once and a hard reset fixed it.

As long as it lives I’ll keep using it. If it dies it’s either blow the budget on an audio gd r27 re preamp/dac or go schiit. If I go schiit it’s a coin toss between tubes and the saga+ and bifrost or keeping balanced and getting the Kara and a bifrost.

Well the issue with my preamp was that I inadvertently cooked it with the tube amp below. It was overheating and going into an error state. Since I put the wooden isolation platform in place it’s absorbed most of the direct heat and that has only happened once and a hard reset fixed it.

As long as it lives I’ll keep using it. If it dies it’s either blow the budget on an audio gd r27 re preamp/dac or go schiit. If I go schiit it’s a coin toss between tubes and the saga+ and bifrost or keeping balanced and getting the Kara and a bifrost.
That Audio GD looks incredible, including the DAC. R2R even!

It's been a few years, but I had the Schiit Saga tube preamp. It's a great little source selector, but it's a passive preamp, so it only attenuates - no added gain of its own. It also means the tube is just a buffer, and not a gain tube. Ultimately, the Saga was a bit lifeless imo. Also, depending on your speaker sensitivity and amp power, you may need that added gain to get things moving. Not that you asked, but thats my 2 cents

That Audio GD looks incredible, including the DAC. R2R even!

It's been a few years, but I had the Schiit Saga tube preamp. It's a great little source selector, but it's a passive preamp, so it only attenuates - no added gain of its own. It also means the tube is just a buffer, and not a gain tube. Ultimately, the Saga was a bit lifeless imo. Also, depending on your speaker sensitivity and amp power, you may need that added gain to get things moving. Not that you asked, but thats my 2 cents

No that’s definitely helpful thanks! I’ll scratch the saga+ out. I was reluctant to lose balanced as well.

The audio gd stuff in general looks incredible and they’ve got quite the little online fan club. It’s all a question of € if and when I need to do it. It’s €1k more than the Kara/Bifrost combo! The longer the PS Audio lives I suppose the more likely it becomes!

Back