Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

JBL L100 speakers with orange grilles *B-STOCK* for $1275 each (a pair for $2550)

According to MD:
"B-Stock” indicates that the item was possibly refurbished/re-packed by the manufacturer and/or there are small blemishes present. Unfortunately, we do not have records on file for each unit describing the possible blemishes. Each unit includes a manufacturer warranty and is covered under our 60 day return policy.

JBL L100 speakers with orange grilles *B-STOCK* for $1275 each (a pair for $2550)

According to MD:
"B-Stock” indicates that the item was possibly refurbished/re-packed by the manufacturer and/or there are small blemishes present. Unfortunately, we do not have records on file for each unit describing the possible blemishes. Each unit includes a manufacturer warranty and is covered under our 60 day return policy.
Be careful on the warranty. Klipsch for example has a 10 year warranty for new speakers but only 90 days for B stock.

That said most speakers won’t have issues except for that caused by abuse.

Audio-wise or home entertainment-wise?

This one is also on my shortlist.
I'm not sure why you would need to add more home entertainment inputs to it. It only has one line input for analog signals. It does have a decentish mm phonostage (its a slight improvement to my pluto) and it has mains in, so if you really needed to expand, you could add a pre - which before I quit my job was the long game on tt, add a pre and a phono stage and skip all the digital for the turntable.

I've really enjoyed it, but it was a massive upgrade from the sony I was running before. The bluos + qobuz has been game changing in my listening habits. One day, I will convince the wife to go do something with the kid and I will get the dirac set up.

I'm not sure why you would need to add more home entertainment inputs to it. It only has one line input for analog signals. It does have a decentish mm phonostage (its a slight improvement to my pluto) and it has mains in, so if you really needed to expand, you could add a pre - which before I quit my job was the long game on tt, add a pre and a phono stage and skip all the digital for the turntable.

If you add a pre you’d have to disconnect the amplifiers own preamp to input it. Doing that you’d lose the MDC with the blu os and Dirac and the DAC. It’s seem to be taking a lot of what makes that amp that amp away and perhaps another integrated that suited the needs better would be the more sensible call.

Now if you wanted more inputs but to keep all that stuff an RCA input switch which would allow you to connect multiple sources to the one line in and switch between them wouldn’t be a bad idea.

There’s one HDMI, so I pictured putting my TV through there. But if you wanted a gaming system also hooked up you’re SOL. Basically I’m just trying to figure out if I can have my cake and eat it too. Or maybe I just have no idea what I’m talking about. Set me straight on the possibilities.

There’s one HDMI, so I pictured putting my TV through there. But if you wanted a gaming system also hooked up you’re SOL. Basically I’m just trying to figure out if I can have my cake and eat it too. Or maybe I just have no idea what I’m talking about. Set me straight on the possibilities.
there are other digital inputs so it depends on what you are hooking up.

If the gaming system is connected to the tv would the tv not pass through the sound to the amp using the hdmi arc? Thats how I’ve always done these things.

Well shit, I should probably look at how I have my shit set up... lol.

Good point

Yeah it’s how I have my Sonos set up. Everything is connected to the other HDMI sockets and the HDMI ARC channel passes all the sound direct from the tv. I just had to change a setting on the tv to make it pass the 5.1 signal from the disc player/satelite dish through to it. Was easy. And with an amp like this you wouldn’t even need to do that because it’s only 2 channel anyway.

Back