Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

I mean, I'm not actually gonna look at my shit, because it sounds fine the way it is and I don't think it would actually change the way I use any of it, but I have some bullshit tv with a bullshit sound bar. Fire cube and playstation run into the tv - tv to the soundbar and I have the playstation's sound running to the optical input on the sound bar.

That system is all kinds of fucked at this point from my wife rearranging the room. Now the sub is way over in a bad spot in the room and I had to turn it down like I really would for an audio set up to keep it from driving me nuts with lopsided sound. The bar points directly at my wife's preferred spot, so now she gets the concept of the listening chair in the record room as she was like "oh wow, this sounds great" and this was before I got the sub dialed in over the course of about a week.

I mean, I'm not actually gonna look at my shit, because it sounds fine the way it is and I don't think it would actually change the way I use any of it, but I have some bullshit tv with a bullshit sound bar. Fire cube and playstation run into the tv - tv to the soundbar and I have the playstation's sound running to the optical input on the sound bar.

That system is all kinds of fucked at this point from my wife rearranging the room. Now the sub is way over in a bad spot in the room and I had to turn it down like I really would for an audio set up to keep it from driving me nuts with lopsided sound. The bar points directly at my wife's preferred spot, so now she gets the concept of the listening chair in the record room as she was like "oh wow, this sounds great" and this was before I got the sub dialed in over the course of about a week.

I’d have probably connected the tv’s optical out, most of them have one, to the soundbar, rather than the PlayStations. That would mean you’re using it for everything going into the tv and anything natively on it.

I’d have probably connected the tv’s optical out, most of them have one, to the soundbar, rather than the PlayStations. That would mean you’re using it for anything going into the tv and anything natively on it.
I would take your advice, but it would probably result in me punting the sub to the neighbor's yard. I'm also not sure the tv had an optical. Like I said bullshit television. We have a tiny television. We had one that was the same size that we bought with a target gift card we got when we married. It died and we went to costco and bought the smallest television they had which is the same size, maybe larger than the other one. T he soundbar predates our marriage, I think. I bought the firecube because we had a gen 2 or gen 3 firestick that I liked just fine, except that whenever it had to update, it would just update... didn't care if you were watching something. no warning or anything.... the damn television would just restart.

I think the one in the bed room has optical. It's a smart television that we bought when she was pregnant. It hasn't been used since the kid started sleeping at night. It's also very tiny. except for the lack of a sub, it sounds better than the main television and the picture is better too.

I was sick a few weeks back and the kid and I watched tv in bed for like an hour. It is SLOW. I would totally swap it for the main television otherwise.

Audio. I have a phono stage, CD player and external DAC and love this and the leak but neither have enough inputs. I guess I could use something like this: Schiit Audio: Audio Products Designed and Built in Texas and California
The Leak 230 has two line inputs... phono in one, dac in the other and CD to dac or does your cd player have a better dac?

meh the 130 has the same number of line ins

Audio. I have a phono stage, CD player and external DAC and love this and the leak but neither have enough inputs. I guess I could use something like this: Schiit Audio: Audio Products Designed and Built in Texas and California

I kinda think this and the Leak aren’t really designed with people who have external DACs in mind as such. I’d probably be looking for something solely analogue if I had all the seperates you do. You’ll also likely get more amp for your money because you’re not paying for an inbuilt DAC that’s not as good as the one you already have.

Or if you’re set on the design this might suit better?

Although it doesn’t have many reviews out yet because it’s very new.

That schiit isn’t an input switcher it’s a preamp so it’s probably not ideal, you’d probably want a straight rca switch box with no gain if you were to do that.

Last edited:
Or if you’re set on the design this might suit better?

Although it doesn’t have many reviews out yet because it’s very new.

That schiit isn’t an input switcher it’s a preamp so it’s probably not ideal, you’d probably want a straight rca switch box with no gain if you were to do that.
Just love the look of the NAD. And my gear is mostly black.

I kinda think this and the Leak aren’t really designed with people who have external DACs in mind as such. I’d probably be looking for something solely analogue if I had all the seperates you do. You’ll also likely get more amp for your money because you’re not paying for an inbuilt DAC that’s not as good as the one you already have.
Yea they aren’t. Which is why they have so few inputs. It’s completely impractical which is why I haven’t gotten it…yet.

Oh and Dirac is interesting for my office which is a crazy shape with lots of windows. There are two skylights on slanted ceilings. it’s an L shaped room with windows on all sides and a few doors.

Yea they aren’t. Which is why they have so few inputs. It’s completely impractical which is why I haven’t gotten it…yet.

😂😂😂

You should have a look around for just pure analogue integrated amplifiers. There are loads of lookers around, although maybe without the meters or walnut vinyl wrap. I still think if you went that way and the whole €2k is going into just analogue that you’ll be getting a better sounding product. The kinki ones like @Ghost just got are particularly interesting!

The Leak 230 has two line inputs... phono in one, dac in the other and CD to dac or does your cd player have a better dac?

meh the 130 has the same number of line ins
Don’t think I can bypass the DAC in my SACD player. i could potentially go HMDI out into the leak I guess? Otherwise it only has RCA outs. But again just seems impractical

Don’t think I can bypass the DAC in my SACD player. i could potentially go HMDI out into the leak I guess? Otherwise it only has RCA outs. But again just seems impractical

Not with dsd anyway, probably can with pcm. You have one of the other denafrips dacs without the i2s over hdmi input don’t you?

Not with dsd anyway, probably can with pcm. You have one of the other denafrips dacs without the i2s over hdmi input don’t you?
I have a Singxer SDA-2 that has I2S in my office. So maybe I could get one of those converter boxes? That was my other thought…go SACD into DAC to save an input on the amp

I have a Singxer SDA-2 that has I2S in my office. So maybe I could get one of those converter boxes? That was my other thought…go SACD into DAC to save an input on the amp

Yeah you need to use the menu of your blu ray that you’re using for sacds to set it to output stereo dsd over hdmi and then use one of those hdmi to i2s converter boxes.

Back