Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

This might actually work according to plan, I've always said I wanted to get about 1000 hours on my stock tubes before upgrading and I wanted to have the Linton's burned in as well, so as of today we have 22 hours on the Linton's and 800ish on the tubes............should all come together nicely :)
It would be ideal for the Lintons to be fully burned in and limber, so you can properly compare the tube differences once you do swap out. I'm looking forward to your impressions, as I don't think you'll find the differences to be subtle whatsoever.

Wyred 4 Sound STI V2 integrated amp. Reg $2499. Sale $1299

A great sounding amp with more power than anyone needs. But at this price, why not?

It’ll be a while before we hear @scotthilk ‘s thoughts.
Wow, that's a nice looking amp at a great price.

Agreed, it was purely an aesthetic thing ;)

Oh yeah it’s beautiful. I’ve noticed a lot recently though that because pro-ject wholesale their arms that people are making extravagant tables and then putting a cheaper one their arms on the table thsn they would themselves dream of using at the price point. The worst offender being the mag lev table that has a debut carbon arm and OM10 on a table they’re charging around €2k for 🤦🏻

Oh yeah it’s beautiful. I’ve noticed a lot recently though that because pro-ject wholesale their arms that people are making extravagant tables and then putting a cheaper one their arms on the table thsn they would themselves dream of using at the price point. The worst offender being the mag lev table that has a debut carbon arm and OM10 on a table they’re charging around €2k for 🤦🏻
Unfortunately eye-candy sells and there are still a lot of people coming into this hobby not knowing what to ask, and even more unfortunate, a lot of retailers not taking the time to help make more informed decisions. I gotta believe the margin is higher on the "eye-candy" models too.

Unfortunately eye-candy sells and there are still a lot of people coming into this hobby not knowing what to ask, and even more unfortunate, a lot of retailers not taking the time to help make more informed decisions. I gotta believe the margin is higher on the "eye-candy" models too.

Yeah to be fair with that mag lev one I actually think the cost of the cool idea ended up spiralling to the point that corners were cut on the fundamentals. But I agree it’d only be a noob looking for the wow factor that’d go there. If I had money just go to the technics thread and you’ll see what I’d be buying 😂

Well that or the funk lsd.

Do the X1 and X2 have the same arm? Or just the same material?

No it’s the same arm. The Classic/X1/X2 use the 9cc which is the 9” version of the top of the line of carbon ones. You only really jump with project arms on the silly money tables that have the signature s shaped arms with the detachable headshell.

We had a member at the old place that bought one and loves it. But I remember what he paid- $1699 new in the box. $2499 new changes everything.

I like the triple plinth and seperate motor pod for vibration control. I don’t like the arm. The adjustment slots for the cartridge are too short. I’m sure there are cartridges that will not align on this arm. And I hate the little stubby finger lift. I manually place the stylus on the lead in groove. I use the cueing to lift the arm at the end of the side. That arm would drive me nuts. And then there’s the Uber fragile wiring.

Back