Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Last edited:
I thought I would share this email from Upscale Audio, for those willing to take out a second mortgage.
1614890847589.png
"Kevin has just given the go-ahead to sell a demo pair of the Focal Grande Utopia EM EVO in Focal's incredible Metallic Blue. This pair is in excellent condition.

This is one of those once-in-a-lifetime deals, but you'll have to call for the details.

The Grande Utopia EM EVO retail for $260,000 for the pair, and are the speakers Kevin has chosen for his own main listening room at home. Remember the video? They are a four-way loudspeaker with a 16" high-efficiency electromagnetic woofer, 11" midbass, two 6.5" Power Flower midrange drivers, and of course Focal's legendary 1" beryllium tweeter. They scale like nothing you've ever heard.

These won't stay long, call now! 909-931-9686.

Best wishes from all of us at Upscale Audio!"

Last edited:
I thought I would share this email from Upscale Audio, for those willing to take out a second (third, @Mather ?) mortgage.
View attachment 90482
"Kevin has just given the go-ahead to sell a demo pair of the Focal Grande Utopia EM EVO in Focal's incredible Metallic Blue. This pair is in excellent condition.

This is one of those once-in-a-lifetime deals, but you'll have to call for the details.

The Grande Utopia EM EVO retail for $260,000 for the pair, and are the speakers Kevin has chosen for his own main listening room at home. Remember the video? They are a four-way loudspeaker with a 16" high-efficiency electromagnetic woofer, 11" midbass, two 6.5" Power Flower midrange drivers, and of course Focal's legendary 1" beryllium tweeter. They scale like nothing you've ever heard.

These won't stay long, call now! 909-931-9686.

Best wishes from all of us at Upscale Audio!"

Good god they’ve not so much been hit as repeatedly smashed around the head with the ugly stick. There no amount of sound quality that would have my eyes being grossed out by that every day 😂

Good god they’ve not so much been hit as repeatedly smashed around the head with the ugly stick. There no amount of sound quality that would have my eyes being grossed out by that every day 😂
The price puts it beyond consideration, but these are such an eyesore it would be a hard pass even at an attainable price point.

The price puts it beyond consideration, but these are such an eyesore it would be a hard pass even at an attainable price point.

Yep and when I’m paying the cost of a two bedroom apartment for a set of speakers I expect a little, lets say the trifling proportion of $10k, to have been put into you know hiring a person with design ability to stop the ugly...

Yep and when I’m paying the cost of a two bedroom apartment for a set of speakers I expect a little, lets say the trifling proportion of $10k, to have been put into you know hiring a person with design ability to stop the ugly...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

......................moves back slowly before @Joe Mac's head explodes ;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

......................moves back slowly before @Joe Mac's head explodes ;)

True to a point, but these aren’t people, they don’t have feelings and so it’s perfectly acceptable to say that a large electric blue transformers reject is not pretty. There are design standards and fundamentals and these are just plain awful.

Last edited:
True to a point, but these aren’t people, they don’t have feelings and so it’s perfectly acceptable to say that an large electric blue transformers reject is not pretty. There are design standards and fundamentals and these are just plain awful.
Maybe so, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who think these look great..........again, ................I won't say it, lol

Maybe so, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who think these look great..........again, ................I won't say it, lol

Hahaha! There’s clearly a lot of people without taste then. I can think of single tasteful home aesthetic that these would fit into.

Its what they call a "Conversation piece", lol

That being said, the look on my wife's face would be priceless 🤣

Hahaha! Yes the conversation there is:

“What do you want in the suitcase”.

I still don’t see it though. Something like the B&W Nautilus or the (it think it’s) KEF blades aren’t to my taste but they’re true conversation pierces because they are an out there design but are quite organic in shape. These are just really busy and clunky to my eye lol.

Back