Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Here’s a flip of the coin. I always thought Sky Fi Audio’s prices were high AF. Here’s proof. Zu DWs in a standard finish for $1599 plus $275 shipping. If you want some entertainment, he states Zu charges $500 to “get on the waiting list”. Nope. Sorry. You put half down when you place your order. Want a pair? Get them from Zu for $999 and free shipping. Hopefully no one gets screwed.

Looks like they raised the down payment and the black finish is now the entry point at $999. Also shipping was not free when I bought mines.

Just checked and shipping is still $100.

Hmmmm, that would be glorious, lol.

.............if I had to choose though, I'll stick to my glow sticks :)
uVrwhdn.jpg

Any changes after some burn in time?
It remains a great-sounding little amp, and that's with the cheapo stock tubes. I've actually got a replacement complement on standby, but these sound good enough that I can't be arsed to unbox them yet.

Also, it is a mere 12W amplifier and what you see above is my typical listening volume, further attenuated with a Schiit SYS. Hurray for horns!

Is this no longer in production?
I believe it is, but iirc the last year has been rough on production. I believe Big Ear Stereo has sold through their stock, no word on whether they are planning to continue offering, but I hope they do. More people should hear this little thing.

It's likely you can still order direct from KingKo in Hong Kong, as many people did before Big Ear offered official support, but I'm not entirely sure.

I’ve been telling @AnthonyI that for well over a year.
This might actually work according to plan, I've always said I wanted to get about 1000 hours on my stock tubes before upgrading and I wanted to have the Linton's burned in as well, so as of today we have 22 hours on the Linton's and 800ish on the tubes............should all come together nicely :)

Back