Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Hahaha! Yes the conversation there is:

“What do you want in the suitcase”.

I still don’t see it though. Something like the B&W Nautilus or the (it think it’s) KEF blades aren’t to my taste but they’re true conversation pierces because they are an out there design but are quite organic in shape. These are just really busy and clunky to my eye lol.
Well, I agree with you.

But growing up an art student and having the oddest conversations with people, fellow students and professors about works of "Art", we all truly see things through our own personal lenses ;)

$1500, great price on a Upscale Special Edition :)

I don't see these pop up often.

Only 100 hours on it and $500.
A small price of admission to the Sutherland Club House. 😉

God that $500 price tag is tempting.
Owned one before the Insight and only moved up because I was within my 60 day exchange period..........and had the extra money, lol.

All kidding aside, fantastic opportunity for someone on a solid pre at a crazy good price.

Owned one before the Insight and only moved up because I was within my 60 day exchange period..........and had the extra money, lol.

All kidding aside, fantastic opportunity for someone on a solid pre at a crazy good price.
It is a good price, but your experience seems consistent with what I’ve seen elsewhere: Folks buy a Vibe because it’s a relatively inexpensive entry point, but upgrade to the Insight as soon as possible.

How big a difference is it? Very noticeable? Pretend we are not talking about $500 vs $1400.

Right now the Pho 8 vs my digital is pretty comparable outside soundstage. I'd like the vinyl to exceed it.

Yeah we all know I would buy it then turn around and buy Insight. I already have the Insight in my brain too.
That's where I'm at too. I might eventually want an Insight. Really happy with the Jolida from @AnthonyI though as my main preamp. My 2nd set up has a Musical Fidelity LX-LPS now so I think my next best upgrade would be a better DAC for my main setup instead of buying a Vibe...real tempting at that price though. The Sutherlands have always intrigued me.

It is a good price, but your experience seems consistent with what I’ve seen elsewhere: Folks buy a Vibe because it’s a relatively inexpensive entry point, but upgrade to the Insight as soon as possible.
Agreed, I picked both up new so It was a $800 to $1500 price jump, so it took a little convincing at that stage of that particular time, lol
If you’re patient, you can pick up a used Insight for just under $1000.
This is also very true, it just depends on your budget. If your heart is set on the Insight and have the $1000-ish to spend, ya, be patient, one will pop up. The Vibe is what I went to from a Pho8 as well, and it was a pretty impressive jump in my opinion, then again, so was the Vibe to Insight, even more so.

So back to my budget comment you go ;)

This. A Vibe is like walking past a restaurant, smelling the food, but never getting to go inside.

Back