Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Well, it was bound to happen. It looks like the Vincent PHO-8 is being discontinued and replaced by the PHO-300. Sale priced at $229-249 depending on finish.

Edit: PHO-300 now has detachable AC cable with C7 connector. Yuck.

Well, it was bound to happen. It looks like the Vincent PHO-8 is being discontinued and replaced by the PHO-300. Sale priced at $229-249 depending on finish.

While we are on the subject of Vincent pre amps. What’s you opinion on the 701? I was curious if the USB out and any other specs were worth the price jump? Would this jive with my current setup?

While we are on the subject of Vincent pre amps. What’s you opinion on the 701? I was curious if the USB out and any other specs were worth the price jump? Would this jive with my current setup?

It’ll work with your setup. I’m just not a fan of solid state phono stages with tube buffers on the output.

Sad. I can pinpoint the PHO-8 as being the single piece of equipment that started my audiophile itch.

Sad. I can pinpoint the PHO-8 as being the single piece of equipment that started my audiophile itch.
Now that you mention it, it might be mine too. I had a cheapie $50 phonostage and got the PHO-8 following recommendations from the old place, and very vividly recall whipping my head around when I played it the first time - it was such a huge improvement. Realized what a real difference better gear can make, and it doesn't have to cost that much either.

Last edited:
The Pho8 for sure started my itch. Still currently my phono pre too. Pretty sure Sutherland Insight will be next.
For some reason this sale seems like a stock purge and once sold out and not in production price might go up. Anybody else think so or just me over thinking things?

The Pho8 for sure started my itch. Still currently my phono pre too. Pretty sure Sutherland Insight will be next.
For some reason this sale seems like a stock purge and once sold out and not in production price might go up. Anybody else think so or just me over thinking things?

Looks to me like the PHO-8 has been retired and the PHO-300 is the replacement.

Knowing how much better the Pho8 is with a better power cable alone makes me question if the 300 will be "better" or just cheaper to make. The Pho8 simplicity is what makes it so great.

I really like mine.

It’ll work with your setup. I’m just not a fan of solid state phono stages with tube buffers on the output.
Out of curiosity, why not? I've been eyeballing the 701 as an option with the recent discounts, thought it might be an inexpensive way to start playing with tube amplification.

I know so right now stock being phased out, but if the 300 bombs out would this old stock bought at $200 return a profit as a nostalgic piece of the glory days was my theory.
I think I may go for the Pho-8 at that price - I’ve never had a stand-alone preamp (I use the built-in from a Marantz pm5005 now). Just curious, which power cable did you upgrade to?

I think I may go for the Pho-8 at that price - I’ve never had a stand-alone preamp (I use the built-in from a Marantz pm5005 now). Just curious, which power cable did you upgrade to?
I started with Pangea AC14 then went with ZU Mission. Didnt notice huge difference between the ZU and Pangea, but the original update from stock to Pangea was noticeable.
I have the PM8006 and I prefer the Pho8 over it. That said I had Pho8 warmed up and Marantz was only referenced first couple times after hooked up (no break in).

Back