Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Audio Advice has an open box Sutherland KC Vibe phono stage for $683 with discount code OPENBOX

Audio Advice has an open box Sutherland KC Vibe phono stage for $683 with discount code OPENBOX
Damn...this is very tempting...

What do you have currently?
I have the Musical Fidelity LX-LPS so wondering how big of an upgrade this might be or if it's not worth it...I'm running a rebuilt Thorens from Vinyl Nirvana and my cart is a Grado Gold 3.

Last edited:
personally, I think you're better off investing the money elsewhere. the LX-LPS is no slouch.
Yea--that's kind of my feeling too but I often get the itch for upgrade-itis haha. Sometimes I forget to step back and realize that I'm pretty happy with my current setup and don't currently need too many upgrades. I've upgraded my digital setup to a point where I'm happy with it too so I should just hold off on any other purchases for awhile.

Yea--that's kind of my feeling too but I often get the itch for upgrade-itis haha. Sometimes I forget to step back and realize that I'm pretty happy with my current setup and don't currently need too many upgrades. I've upgraded my digital setup to a point where I'm happy with it too so I should just hold off on any other purchases for awhile.

If you like the LX-LPS sound and get an itch for an upgrade in that range don’t discount it’s big brother the MX-VYNL which upscale were selling for $750 down from $1000, I adore mine!

I have the Musical Fidelity LX-LPS so wondering how big of an upgrade this might be or if it's not worth it...I'm running a rebuilt Thorens from Vinyl Nirvana and my cart is a Grado Gold 3.
When I had mine there was a definite jump from the Pho8, with the Musical Fidelity, I'm a little torn, It's been a while and now I have the LX-LPS on my PLX system and it's hard to place the comparison since it's been a while. I'm kind of leaning towards agreeing with @kvetcha, if it were an Insight, no question, you may be better off holding off for a bigger jump ;)

Yeah, I understand the feeling. I'm actually really happy with how my system sounds right now, but I can't help but want to experiment and fiddle with things.

When I had mine there was a definite jump from the Pho8, with the Musical Fidelity, I'm a little torn, It's been a while and now I have the LX-LPS on my PLX system and it's hard to place the comparison since it's been a while. I'm kind of leaning towards agreeing with @kvetcha, if it were an Insight, no question, you may be better off holding off for a bigger jump ;)
Thanks y'all. You talked me down from the ledge haha.

@Joe Mac --I do like the overall sound from my MF so might look into that upgrade to the MX eventually. And as of now I have 2 TT setups--one in my office which is my main setup and one in the living room). The living room one has just a really cheap preamp, so if I do ever upgrade the one in my main setup, I can use the MF on my secondary setup.

@kvetcha and @AnthonyI --I think I am going to limit myself to one big-ish upgrade each year to keep things in check. I upgraded my digital set up this year already (and also picked up the Gold 3...) so might hold out for a bigger preamp upgrade later if I feel the need to next year.

Yeah, the opus has put me in a position where I’m absurdly happy with how everything sounds. I’d like to spend big on speakers long term but I’m really content right now. Beyond that it’s just minor tweaks, such as I’d like to get a little fwend for when I fall asleep during drunk late night spins. Beyond that I’m done, unless someone gifts me £6000 for the PS Audio SACD transport 😂

Yeah, the opus has put me in a position where I’m absurdly happy with how everything sounds. I’d like to spend big on speakers long term but I’m really content right now. Beyond that it’s just minor tweaks, such as I’d like to get a little fwend for when I fall asleep during drunk late night spins. Beyond that I’m done, unless someone gifts me £6000 for the PS Audio SACD transport 😂
I gotta say I agree with your Opus comment 100%, it's really solidified my system, I really stopped wondering about other carts at this point.

Yea--Zu speakers might be my next big jump but I'm kind of waiting to buy a house for that one as they don't really make much sense for me right now in an apartment in NYC. I have put off getting a CD player (for now at least...) because I think it will ultimately lead to me buying a lot more physical media. I already have trouble storing all my records and had to buy more storage this weekend...

Maybe I should have gone right for the Opus instead of the gold 3!

Yea--Zu speakers might be my next big jump but I'm kind of waiting to buy a house for that one as they don't really make much sense for me right now in an apartment in NYC. I have put off getting a CD player (for now at least...) because I think it will ultimately lead to me buying a lot more physical media. I already have trouble storing all my records and had to buy more storage this weekend...

Maybe I should have gone right for the Opus instead of the gold 3!

Maybe once you’ve a year on the gold? If I didn’t have the gold 2 and so fancied trying a “woodie“ I might have gone for the gold 3 myself rather than the opus.

There’s a pair of q accoustics that everyone here is probably bored of me saying I’ve had my eye on for a while. When the finances line up I’ll jump on them, can see it being for 18 months to 2 years at the earliest though!

Thanks y'all. You talked me down from the ledge haha.

@Joe Mac --I do like the overall sound from my MF so might look into that upgrade to the MX eventually. And as of now I have 2 TT setups--one in my office which is my main setup and one in the living room). The living room one has just a really cheap preamp, so if I do ever upgrade the one in my main setup, I can use the MF on my secondary setup.

@kvetcha and @AnthonyI --I think I am going to limit myself to one big-ish upgrade each year to keep things in check. I upgraded my digital set up this year already (and also picked up the Gold 3...) so might hold out for a bigger preamp upgrade later if I feel the need to next year.
I love Kev, this almost seems on cue, lol.........sorry @MikeH :)

Back