Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Really, not even the ghost black like I have?
I think I like the Walnut and maybe the ghost black but that's really it. Don't think I have seen any of the pre-owned/deal DWs in those colors. Not sure who buys the blue ones haha (sorry in advance if any of you have them!)

I think one day I'll end up getting some of these speakers but I really dislike most of their color/stain options sadly. Kind of wish they had better options!
Really, not even the ghost black like I have?

im pretty sure from having read thier blurb that they’ll customise them to whatever colour/finish you want, the options on the page are just the standards for that line. A nice matte white would be my choice.

im pretty sure from having read thier blurb that they’ll customise them to whatever colour/finish you want, the options on the page are just the standards for that line. A nice matte white would be my choice.
Didn't realize that. That's cool. Matte white would look good with your dream record cabinet with unfinished plywood edges :cool:

Didn't realize that. That's cool. Matte white would look good with your dream record cabinet with unfinished plywood edges :cool:

The two finishes I wouldn’t get are black or wood. I’ve had black speakers for 16 years now and I’m not as in love with the black look as others (prefer silver hifi stuff too). I actually think that in a wood heavy mid-century style decor that those electric blue ones would give a real burst of colour and look pretty stunning.

Last edited:
The two finishes I wouldn’t get are black or wood. I’ve had black speakers for 16 years now and I’m not as in love with the black look as others (prefer silver hifi stuff too. I actually think that in a wood heavy mid-century style decor that those electric blue ones would give a real burst of colour and look pretty stunning.
I hear what your saying, but YUMMMM, lol
20200410_150402.jpg

I hear what your saying, but YUMMMM, lol
View attachment 40602

it all depends on your look. Given the pics I’ve seen of your space and gear defo. I think given my space wood would be overkill and black just almost sinks into the background. white or a burst of colour would provide a gorgeous accent. Given I’m most likely to get the Q concept 500 it’s looking more like a high gloss white is where I’ll be at, once Im ready to go there!

Well those didn't last long, lol
$999.00
The drivers used are the Druid Mk.IV FRD and tweeters with standard Druid Mk.IV high pass filter network which features the Kimber Kap capacitor.
View attachment 40597
$2299.00
View attachment 40599

A smoking hot once in a lifetime fire sale on a “forever” phono stage. Had I not gotten the Sutherland Duo, I likely would have gotten this. Unless your amp has balanced/XLR inputs, you’ll need a pair of XLR/RCA adaptors- $120.

Demo sample of discontinued item- 55% off.

Top of the Line Elac Speakers- Stereophile Class A rated at 50% off.

At list, I may look elsewhere. At half price? I’d be game if I didn’t love my current speakers.

Haven't heard these, but I recall seeing several reports of poor workmanship on the internal bracing and sealing of the passive radiators. Also read that they are good about addressing it if you contact them about any issues, but it's something to consider.

Back