Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

In case any of you US folks out there (and maybe elsewhere?) aren't aware, Audio Advisor emails out the below clearance newsletter every week. Like any store, they have a particular range of brands they carry like Pro-Ject, Parasound, Rega, and Rogue among others. Also, their in house brand of cabling, Pangea.

I got a nice chuckle at that $188 USB cable.

Oh no...that does look tempting. I don't see where it's damaged though.
I think most "Demos" are just that, demos and can't be sold as new so they are reduced and in my experience have no actual "damage". That is a nice looking TT :)

Oh no...that does look tempting. I don't see where it's damaged though.

I think most "Demos" are just that, demos and can't be sold as new so they are reduced and in my experience have no actual "damage". That is a nice looking TT :)

If you clicked through, the entry mentioned a scuffed dust cover and some scratches on the finish. Looks like it’s sold, though.

If you clicked through, the entry mentioned a scuffed dust cover and some scratches on the finish. Looks like it’s sold, though.
The clearance newsletter is always this lengthy, and especially chalk full of Pro-Ject gear each week, so the next release might have something anyone was considering but sold before they could pull the trigger.

Besides the Audio Advice Clearance newsletter, I thought I might as well share the other couple sites I check multiple times a day. If anyone wants to share their frequently visited gear sites too, please do. My fave internet pastime is refreshing these sites (as well as N&G) multiple times a day and looking (and learning) about all the choices out there. I've found I have a much more honed sense of what constitutes a good price on whatever used component I'm considering as a result.

I bought my PL amp from these folks. Superb packaging, prompt email updates on the order, follow up satisfaction survey, as well as a discount code for my next purchase some day. Small sample size, but would recommend.

Never bought anything from Echo before, but they get a handful of new additions every day and seem legit. They also include helpful links to reviews and manufacturer websites on each listing which I love.

And of course, Upscale Audio. I purchased my current (used) phono amp from them and it was packed very securely. I had an issue with the discount code I used on the sale and they had it resolved via email in 10 mins. Truly great customer service.

Never bought anything from Echo before, but they get a handful of new additions every day and seem legit. They also include helpful links to reviews and manufacturer websites on each listing which I love.

I bought my JoLida from Echo Audio, was pleased with the whole transaction. (y)

HiFi Heaven is another quality shop. I've purchased a Rogue Sphinx and a SoundSmith cart from them and had only good experiences.

A set of mint condition Dirty Weekend speakers- dark ghost black hickory finish are up at Zu Audio for $200 off...

A set of mint condition Dirty Weekend speakers- dark ghost black hickory finish are up at Zu Audio for $200 off...
I’m gonna bite one of these days.

Was just googling and noticed upscale have the MX VYNL down at $749 from $1000 for all you over there. At that price it’s a fantastic option for anyone looking for a new stage, I adore mine 😀

$999.00
The drivers used are the Druid Mk.IV FRD and tweeters with standard Druid Mk.IV high pass filter network which features the Kimber Kap capacitor.
1586548582695.png

$999.00
The drivers used are the Druid Mk.IV FRD and tweeters with standard Druid Mk.IV high pass filter network which features the Kimber Kap capacitor.
View attachment 40597
I think one day I'll end up getting some of these speakers but I really dislike most of their color/stain options sadly. Kind of wish they had better options!

$2299.00
1586548844139.png

Back