Anime And/Or Manga!

No idea if this thread is still active or not, but I recently started getting into anime. I’ve caught up with Attack on Titan and I’m over halfway finished with Death Note. I wish I started watching sooner honestly.

yea, we need to keep this baby alive lol

death note is pretty good. i feel like the recent netflix adaptation kind of tarnished its legacy a lil bit, but the original manga and anime still hits pretty hard. although most people dont like season 2 of DN that much because of L’s death

has anyone here heard of saber marionette J (and its sequel J to X)???

this was a super obscure anime from the 90s that I loved as a child. it involves a young guy in a colonized earth 2 where mankind can only reproduce by cloning itself due to no female survivors and him ending up with a harem of cyborg girls who aspire to become human. the art style is a little grating on the faces, specially in JTX, but the plot setting is still interesting enough to be enjoyable for its time.

i’ve never met anyone who is actually familiar with it, and it doesnt help that it’s pretty difficult to find and watch the episodes online, but yeah i’ve been thinking about rewatching it this week

No idea if this thread is still active or not, but I recently started getting into anime. I’ve caught up with Attack on Titan and I’m over halfway finished with Death Note. I wish I started watching sooner honestly.
I just finished watching all of Attack on Titan. One of the best animes I've watched. Crazy good animation and a really emotional story.

I'm watching RE:Zero right now. I'm in Season 2 and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. There's a lot of great scenes and moments, but other times it's feels almost cringy. Not sure if that's the intent to show how the main character grows, I guess time will tell.

Also, did anyone watch Carole & Tuesday? I really liked the concept and world building, but it felt like it needed a couple more episodes to fully flesh out some of the concepts and social commentary it had started building.

EDIT: I'll expand for those who haven't seen it. The basic premise is two aspiring musicians on colonized Mars striving to make it in an industry that is controlled by AI songwriting. They write their own songs, and quickly rise to fame, while dealing with familial and political issues impacting both them directly and the world at large. Same canonical universe as Cowboy Bebop, which is cool. The music is expectedly great and widely varied genre-wise.

Also, did anyone watch Carole & Tuesday? I really liked the concept and world building, but it felt like it needed a couple more episodes to fully flesh out some of the concepts and social commentary it had started building.

EDIT: I'll expand for those who haven't seen it. The basic premise is two aspiring musicians on colonized Mars striving to make it in an industry that is controlled by AI songwriting. They write their own songs, and quickly rise to fame, while dealing with familial and political issues impacting both them directly and the world at large. Same canonical universe as Cowboy Bebop, which is cool. The music is expectedly great and widely varied genre-wise.
I watched the first Season, it was fine. I prefer Beck and Kids on the Slope for music themed anime. Your Lie in April if you really want to feel something.

I watched the first Season, it was fine. I prefer Beck and Kids on the Slope for music themed anime. Your Lie in April if you really want to feel something.
Your Lie in April was really good. I haven't seen Beck or Kids on the Slope, so I'll have to check those out!

RIP to everyone watching promised neverland rn when it took a nosedive and all of anime community is breaking down and hurting so much, meanwhile the OTHER show the studio is making.. wonder egg priority, which seems great so far if you like madoka or eva style tragedies... has had production issues but they basically just admitted "yeah we are making an ending special"... or you can just look at how everyone is praising attack on titan (i haven't watched anything part the first half of season one so dont spoil if it turns out to not be as generic as i thought years ago)

I haven't made it to Berserk, but man this is so sad, and feels so big for the manga world.

Edit: replaced tweet.

Last edited:
I haven't made it to Berserk, but man this is so sad, and feels so big for the manga world.

It's a HUGE bummer. I don't know what the plans on for finishing the Manga, if he had a plan or not. 54 is too young. He's an icon in so many respects. His work has inspired thousands of artists and writers. He was a titan of Modern Dark Fantasy.

Back