Anime And/Or Manga!

They're too young! Really don't see how this will translate well to live action, honestly.

The actor who's playing Luffy is 18 and the actress playing Nami is 28 and rest in between. Still though, live action anime adaptations have literally never been good, and One Piece CERTAINLY isn't going to be the one to change that trend.

They're too young! Really don't see how this will translate well to live action, honestly.

i dont think them being young is a problem at all, the characters in the manga are around that exact age group.

i actually think this cast choice seems very promising, they got actors from all over the world to better represent the ethnicities of the straw hats, which is already more dedication put into a live action than any other anime live action has gotten.

still, we need a full-depth trailer before we can say if it’ll really be good or not

Nah, y'all are right. I'm looking at this through the eyes of an old man. Everyone looks too young to me these days. I see kids driving cars and drinking in bars who I would never believe are of age. I also forgot about the time skip in One Piece. Luffy is supposed to be 17 in season one and the kid playing him is 18. Zoro and Sanji can be made up to look more rough and hardened with makeup and costuming.

But I don't have any hope for this adaptation. I think it's one of those shows that benefits most from being an Anime. It's so ridiculously over the top that trying to translate that into live action will make for watered down abilities and situations or REALLY BAD CG.

Okay I just watched the first 8 episodes of Tokyo Ghoul and I'm hooked...just wondering whether I need to read the manga first or push on with the anime...!

Dragging this thread out of hell to say that Demon Slayer Season 2 is incredible and the production value is too damn good for a series. We're talking movie level quality throughout. I thought that THAT PART in season one would be the peak of the show, but Season 2 blows it out of the water. Shonen anime fans take note, this is one to check out.

More importantly, I finished watching Ranking of Kings this weekend and was blown away. Quite possibly the most charming show I have watched, this one has a great art style, a fun story full of twists and turns, and well written characters. I don't want to spoil too much, because a lot of the fun in this show is finding out how the world works. I will say this is a fun fantasy show that is debatably family friendly. There is some blood and horror elements, but most of the violence is handled without a lot of gore - things happen off screen, with shadows, etc so it's not shown directly.

yea, demon slayer season 2 was nice for its visual effects and all that. i definitely appreciate this new trend of japanese studios taking a western approach to tv show production by actually making seasons instead of churning out episodes weekly with no break. it’s why i don’t even bother with the one piece anime at this point for how slow the pace is

i had meant to post this when i watched it last month, but i forgot, but yea the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie was incredible!!!

oh my god, it was so amazing watching a canon part of the story in a movie format!! like, i was never big on anime movies for shonen shows because they always felt like filler to me (and realistically, they are usually filler), but since this was all canon, it made it much worth it. and just like the demon slayer movie/season 2, the animation was so nice and smooth, made the action scenes super hype to watch

i had meant to post this when i watched it last month, but i forgot, but yea the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie was incredible!!!

oh my god, it was so amazing watching a canon part of the story in a movie format!! like, i was never big on anime movies for shonen shows because they always felt like filler to me (and realistically, they are usually filler), but since this was all canon, it made it much worth it. and just like the demon slayer movie/season 2, the animation was so nice and smooth, made the action scenes super hype to watch
I still need to check this one out, I loved Season 1 of the anime.

Kaguya love is war is still absolutely comedy masterpiece

Also I'm hyped for spy X family because the kids legit adorable and it can honestly be funny
spy-x-family-anya-forger.gif

(Also some how some troll on tiktok made purple think they were sexualising the kid when really its her being authentically happy around her new dad)

I could not get into Jujutsu Kaisen. Demon Slayer is really rad, though. I've been in the mood to binge some anime recently. A clip came up on YouTube of Hajime No Ippo, which is one of my top 5 easily, I need that hype feeling of seeing someone succeed in my life.
My daughter loves Demon Slayer, so I've been watching a few of those with her.

Demon Slayer just gets better as it goes, I think most of the characters were pretty grating in S1. Mugen train & entertainment district on the other hand were absolute bananas

I love Spy x Family so far.

For those who haven't seen this one, it's a Spy thriller-esque show in which the main character (the spy) is tasked with creating a fake family in order to get the child into a prestigious school just so he can get closer to a man who is very secluded, but somehow going to cause a major war between the two nations of this show. Not only does Lloyd have a secret, but so does every other character that comes into his life as a result of this ridiculous premise. This may seem odd, but I liken it to Ranma 1/2 in that you know what the final outcome is likely to be, but this journey has a lot of layers and a lot of secrets, and just when you think things might go smoothly, another layer of complication is added.

I've also been watching 86 eighty six. Not sure how I'm feeling on this one, I had good initial impressions, but something feels off and I just can't put my finger on what. I did just hit the end of a mini arc in the show, so maybe that's part of it. I like the premise, but some of the execution seems odd. Think I'll have more thoughts on this one as I get into it.

ok, the Wano arc of One Piece has officially concluded now, and yea, this was unfortunately the worst arc in the entire manga… 😬

now that we’re getting into final saga territory, im hopeful the quality of the story will reach back to the exciting highs of the Alabasta, Enjes Lobby, and Marineford arcs. but reading the atrocity that was the Wano arc for four years now has me a bit worried lol

ok, the Wano arc of One Piece has officially concluded now, and yea, this was unfortunately the worst arc in the entire manga… 😬

now that we’re getting into final saga territory, im hopeful the quality of the story will reach back to the exciting highs of the Alabasta, Enjes Lobby, and Marineford arcs. but reading the atrocity that was the Wano arc for four years now has me a bit worried lol
I still have a few volumes left to catch up on, but I haven't been enjoying it a bunch either. Way too languidly paced, and too many characters.

Interested to see how the end starts to pan out (weird even thinking that because this is the only manga I really keep up with and I've been reading since middle school (!!!))

Back